Sharing a Fun Week with CTC!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jaimejac

Sharing a Fun Week with CTC!

Post by Jaimejac » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:58 pm

We just had a fun evening wrapping up our week of CTC with my daughter’s DITHR project, science experiment and poetry presentation. I thought I’d share a few photos/videos.
Three for Three DITHR project in Phillis Wheatley
Three for Three DITHR project in Phillis Wheatley
26972298-7493-4EE5-88CC-A08D46F386F5.jpeg (56.26 KiB) Viewed 838 times
Identifying animal tracks with little brother
Identifying animal tracks with little brother
8B0905EF-B410-4B42-A01E-B58AA13849DB.jpeg (58.9 KiB) Viewed 838 times
Poetry Presentation Week 4
Poetry Presentation Week 4
62DB84FD-88FC-4EB1-AED5-285EE20119B9.jpeg (51.9 KiB) Viewed 838 times
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

Mgs

Re: Sharing a Fun Week with CTC!

Post by Mgs » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:20 pm

I love it, we are about the same place. My DS11 is barely tolerating the painting, but at least he’s doing it. I’m excited for my DD9 to do it next year, she loves arts/crafts/baking!

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:27 pm

Mgs wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:20 pm
I love it, we are about the same place. My DS11 is barely tolerating the painting, but at least he’s doing it. I’m excited for my DD9 to do it next year, she loves arts/crafts/baking!
Yes, my daughter is a natural artist. I’ll be interested to see how my sons do when they get to CTC. But they are only 5 and 6 now, so we have a few years. How fun to know we are in a similar place with CTC!
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:10 pm

Oh, I love to see pictures of kiddos doing HOD! Your daughter's 3 x 3 project turned out so well. You can be so proud of the neat, colorful work she did on this project. Phyllis Wheatley was a favorite book of mine. Wasn't she amazing? What an inspiration!

My older sons loved helping my youngest son with his HOD guide. Often times, that 'helping' involved helping him with math and then helping him eat his snacks used for hands-on manipulatives! Or 'helping' him with his acting out David and Goliath or the Crusades march, etc.! How special your daughter enjoys helping her younger brother such as this. Friendships with siblings are forever. Such a blessing in homeschooling. My 23, 19, and 16 year-olds are the best of friends today because of homeschooling. Praise God! I believe your kiddos will be too.

Finally, what a lovely poetry painting project! We enjoyed the watercolor painting so much. Though all our sons had differing artistic abilities, they could all follow the directions well and create a nice final art project. I was not picky though - I was proud of their work and their effort. One of my sons was very artistic, and so was one of my nephews. They especially thrived with the watercolor painting and later with the WH Fine Arts credit in high school. I think your daughter will surely do the same.

Thank you so much for sharing! We need to uphold and encourage one another as homeschool moms, and this board has always been a place moms come to give and to find encouragement. Thanks for being a part of that today!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie