History Lives series

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mgs

History Lives series

Post by Mgs » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:15 am

I am trying to find books for res to ref and was having trouble locating monks and mystics. I emailed the company and they responded with this email. Any idea if that will affect heart of Dakota guides?

Part of post removed by moderator due to board guidelines.

daybreaking

Re: History Lives series

Post by daybreaking » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:30 am

I was disappointed to read several years ago that the author abandoned his faith and is no longer a Christian. Perhaps that is why he no longer wants the books stocked. I do know Heart of Dakota still has all of the books in stock, so you could order directly from them.

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16

Mgs

Post by Mgs » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:43 pm

That is so sad!? Are the books good? Heart of Dakota only sells them as part of their kit. I did find it and it is being shipped from a very no name bookstore, I’m concerned about the other guides though.. I am not sure if I should buy all the books now while I can (I go the used route for HOD otherwise I would have never have been able to jump on board with them).

daybreaking

Post by daybreaking » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:52 pm

Mgs wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:43 pm
Are the books good?
We have enjoyed them in our home and found them a beneficial part of our studies. :-)

If you are planning on using HOD long-term, it might be a good idea to pick them up. Then again, if they are going out of stock, Carrie will probably rewrite that part of the guide with new resources. I've seen that happen often with other resources that have gone out of print. I'd hate to have you buy the books now, only to find out down the road that they are no longer being used. Occasionally, HOD is able to have a resource kept in stock for the sole purpose of folks using them with the guides. It might be worth placing a call to HOD and asking them. :)

ds21 & dd16

daybreaking

Post by daybreaking » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:55 pm

P.S. Christianbook.com has all five volumes for sale in e-book form. I personally am not a fan of e-books, but it is an option.

ds21 & dd16

Mgs

Post by Mgs » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:47 pm

I bought the ones for res to ref since I plan on using it this fall.. I don’t like ebooks either. I think I’ll pick the rest up here and there. They look like a fun read.