How much "together time" is beneficial?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
my3sons

How much "together time" is beneficial?

Post by my3sons » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:41 pm

In a previous teaching tip, I mentioned how we can always be assured of plenty of "together time" in a homeschooling setting! One thing to weigh is how much "together time" is truly beneficial? Often as homeschool teachers, we default into thinking that anything done together is undoubtedly better. Often we think that knowledge shared in a group trumps all, simply because our children must share learning with each other...

To read more of Carrie's Teaching Tip for How much "together time" is beneficial?, click the following link... https://heartofdakota.com/2023/01/05/ho ... eneficial/!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Mgs

Re: How much "together time" is beneficial?

Post by Mgs » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:57 pm

This is perfect timing for me, thank you.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:44 pm

Mgs,

Oh good! I am so glad that it was helpful. :D

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Carrie

Mgs

Post by Mgs » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:08 am

Nm
Last edited by Mgs on Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:26 pm

That was a big change in mindset for me moving to HOD from our previous program - the idea of "fewer books read more slowly". But a refreshing one! Despite all I had read about CM and her methods, I had not known that this was an idea she advocated. I think because our previous program was a mix of CM and Classical, so I didn't realize what the difference really was. Also, the idea that children should be doing their own readings by age 9 if they are able to. I am still trying to read all the books my daughter reads first, even though I know I can trust HOD's choices, but it is becoming a challenge! She simply has more time to read than I do! :D
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven