Creation to christ- birds of the air/plant life

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mgs

Creation to christ- birds of the air/plant life

Post by Mgs » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:31 pm

Anyone know if these are chapters that are assigned that I might easily figure out from a cheaper version?

Rice

Re: Creation to christ- birds of the air/plant life

Post by Rice » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:03 am

To share specifics of what is scheduled in the guide would violate copyright. However you can sometimes find online the table of contents. If you could find it for the edition HOD uses, it would be simple to figure out which chapters (or parts thereof?) are scheduled each day.

I have tried using a Kindle version for some HOD books, but I have found that while it works fine for books I read aloud, it is quite challenging for books that are to be read independently. I have spent the time manually highlighting every second reading (when the background changes, the reading is over), but it was tedious and doesn't work well for some kids (they just keep reading, not noticing the change).

If you can find a cheaper print version, it should work, but I'd encourage you to go through the guide before you get to that book and pencil in the guide the page numbers for your edition. (And I'd also recommend doing some calculations before you go ahead. I've found that even if I could find one or two books cheaper elsewhere, by the time I factor in additional shipping and HOD's amazing package prices, shopping around would only save me a few dollars, at the cost of several hours of work.)
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics