Does anyone else ever get the programs mixed up?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jaimejac

Does anyone else ever get the programs mixed up?

Post by Jaimejac » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:20 pm

We are in Week 3 of Beyond with my DS6 and Week 29 of Preparing with my DD9. My son and I had talked about Vasco de Gama's trip around the world the first couple weeks of Beyond, but then my daughter was studying the Spice Route in Preparing and also reading about Vasco de Gama. But when I was discussing the reading with my daughter and reviewing her history project, I thought, "didn't we already do this?' But no, that was with my son in Beyond. With their material being similar so close together, I was getting mixed up on who I had discussed what with! :oops:
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

StephanieU

Re: Does anyone else ever get the programs mixed up?

Post by StephanieU » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:45 pm

Yes! And right now, some of my kids are covering similar topics in math and grammar, so it gets really confusing!
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

Rice

Re: Does anyone else ever get the programs mixed up?

Post by Rice » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:50 am

Yeah, and sometimes I'm like, "Why don't you know the answer to this; why don't you remember this? We discussed it just last week!" Only to discover it was their sibling who had covered it. :shock:

But then there's the beautiful times, too, when they remember what they overheard a sibling reading/discussing and pipe up with some extra detail or connection. 8)

Its so good to be able to trust the guides to teach the next thing and not have to figure it all out myself!

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics