Ding! Ding! Ding! Such great connections being made in Beyond!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jaimejac

Ding! Ding! Ding! Such great connections being made in Beyond!

Post by Jaimejac » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:15 pm

Today my son (DS6) was putting together the poetry puzzle (what we call Day 2 when I cut apart the poem and he has to put it back to together in order), and he says, "Reading this poem makes me think of Scrooby Inn. Like what we read about today." Yes! That's right buddy! That's exactly why they chose this poem for this week! I just love the connections being made in Beyond!

Jaime
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

RSmith

Re: Ding! Ding! Ding! Such great connections being made in Beyond!

Post by RSmith » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:12 pm

I don't know the reference to Scrooby Inn, but it is awesome how your son is making such great connections with the material. The way the guides are written leads to such meaningful learning.

My little guy will be doing Beyond next year, so I love reading your posts about it!
Rebecca
Married to best friend for 11 years
Mom to 6 yr old boy (Enjoying LHFHG, Loved LHTH) and 3 yr old girl (loves all the rhymes and songs)