New Products Coming...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

New Products Coming...

Post by Carrie » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:09 pm

Ladies,

I just wanted to pop-on and share that we have been hard at work on some new items at HOD that are intended to make your journey through our guides even better! :D I have had so many ideas for years that I have never had time to fully explore and implement. As our families were going through the guides, Julie and I were always talking about what we loved and options that would make the guides even better! Our teacher brains are always busy thinking how to make homeschooling doable, parent-kid friendly, enriching, Christ-centered, while also guiding kiddos incrementally through the skills they need each year in an enjoyable way! :D

Now, as Mike and I have graduated our oldest 3 sons from our homeschool, and our oldest son from college, I am beginning to be able to implement some of these ideas and plan for the future! :D We are grateful that our oldest son works full-time for HOD, and our second oldest son has been doing an internship in graphic design full-time with HOD the last 2 years. Our other 2 boys work for HOD too, along with two of Julie's sons!

While we still have our youngest son going through HOD for 3 more years, it is much easier than having 4 sons in 4 different guides! :D This has enabled me to finally get back to the researching, planning, and creating that I love so much! :D I am so excited for the coming year and the new catalog coming too! :D There will be some new updates in the new catalog with more new things to come as the years progress! :D

Thanks to all of you for sharing this homeschool journey with us! We are blessed by all of you so much! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Rice

Re: New Products Coming...

Post by Rice » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:03 am

Yay! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure it is such a delight to you to be creating in that way again. I know that I'm finding new freedom in having only 5 in school with only 1 high schooler compared to 7 kids and 3 high schoolers a couple years ago! As much as I cherished those times, these ones that are coming promise new delights as I have time to do things better and even add in some fun things, and get more involved in HS ministry, too.

Blessings as you branch out, update, and continue to offer us new things to try! I'm so thankful for all you have done!
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

MomOfLittleWomen

Post by MomOfLittleWomen » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:17 pm

That’s so exciting 🥰 can’t wait to see the new things that come out.

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:36 pm

That is so exciting! I can’t wait to see what your ideas and look forward to implementing them as we move forward in HOD! I’m sure it’s refreshing to have time to work on things you’ve thought about for so long!

And thank you for posting here as well. As someone who quit social media a few years ago, I much appreciate the interaction on this board.
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:23 am

So excited to see this today! :D

We've been using HOD for years, have graduated our oldest 3 from HOD, and have 2 more in the high school years yet. It's been such a big blessing, and I'm looking forward to seeing what new items you come up with!

Blessings...❤
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

VanessaK

Post by VanessaK » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:59 pm

This is so exciting! I'm just starting our HOD journey so I can't wait to see what is to come :)
My son is 6 and just started Little Hearts. I'm contemplating having my daughter go through Little Hands next year at 4. Lord Willing we will be adding to our family and have future years to enjoy all that HOD has to offer our growing family.
Hobbit Hole Homeschool
DS 6 - Little Hearts for His Glory
DD 3.5 - Tag-A-Long

RSmith

Post by RSmith » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:09 pm

Carrie,

This really is such exciting news. I will be looking forward to seeing whatever it is you have planned. The guides are already so rich. I can't imagine them being any better. Thank you for blessing all of us with your talents. We are so grateful.

In Christ,

Rebecca
Rebecca
Married to best friend for 11 years
Mom to 6 yr old boy (Enjoying LHFHG, Loved LHTH) and 3 yr old girl (loves all the rhymes and songs)

RSmith

Post by RSmith » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:24 pm

VanessaK wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:59 pm
This is so exciting! I'm just starting our HOD journey so I can't wait to see what is to come :)
My son is 6 and just started Little Hearts. I'm contemplating having my daughter go through Little Hands next year at 4. Lord Willing we will be adding to our family and have future years to enjoy all that HOD has to offer our growing family.
We are doing Little Hearts this year too! We started when my son was 4 with Little Hands, and I feel like it was perfect for that age. I'm also thankful we found HOD at the beginning of our homeschooling journey. Such a blessing.
Rebecca
Mom to 6 yr old boy (Enjoying LHFHG, Loved LHTH) and 3 yr old girl (loves all the rhymes and songs)

VanessaK

Post by VanessaK » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:36 pm

RSmith wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:24 pm
VanessaK wrote:
We are doing Little Hearts this year too! We started when my son was 4 with Little Hands, and I feel like it was perfect for that age. I'm also thankful we found HOD at the beginning of our homeschooling journey. Such a blessing.
Oh yay! I’m happy to hear that! I know she’ll love it. She loves being her big brothers shadow 😆 so I know she’ll love doing her own “school”!
Hobbit Hole Homeschool
DD 3.5 - Tag-A-Long

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:52 am

VanessaK wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:36 pm
RSmith wrote:
VanessaK wrote:

Oh yay! I’m happy to hear that! I know she’ll love it. She loves being her big brothers shadow 😆 so I know she’ll love doing her own “school”!
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. We are doing Little Hearts and Little Hands too! Although we are just about done with Little Hearts with DS6 and ready to start Beyond in another week. And DS4 and I are finishing up Little Hands but we are going to repeat it this year before he’s ready to start Little Hearts. Then I am also doing Preparing with my older daughter who is 9.

Jaime
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

RSmith

Post by RSmith » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:45 am

Jaimejac wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:52 am
VanessaK wrote:
RSmith wrote:

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. We are doing Little Hearts and Little Hands too! Although we are just about done with Little Hearts with DS6 and ready to start Beyond in another week. And DS4 and I are finishing up Little Hands but we are going to repeat it this year before he’s ready to start Little Hearts. Then I am also doing Preparing with my older daughter who is 9.

Jaime
Nice to "meet" you! We are at the beginning of our Little Hearts journey and loving it so far! To be honest though, I'm already super excited about next year. I often find myself looking at the Beyond section of the catalogue, reading what he will get to do next year. One of my good friends, who is also on this message board is doing Little Hearts, Beyond, and Preparing with her kiddos. Those guides look amazing.
Rebecca

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:37 pm

This is so exciting, Carrie! I have loved the dialogue we have had through the years, and now I think it is just so exciting to see you putting these ideas into motion! It makes me wish I had little ones to homeschool again. There's always the option of helping homeschool little grandchildren someday, right?!? :D

Seriously, seeing these ideas come to life and watching you dive back in to researching/planning/creating has been such a blessing. God is in the timing of it all, and this is your time. Cannot wait for the coming year, the new updates, and the new catalog! Do take time to rest a bit along the way - little sister watching out for you here. :wink:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

VanessaK

Post by VanessaK » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:42 pm

Jaimejac wrote:
VanessaK wrote:
RSmith wrote:

Jaime
Hello Jaime! Nice to ""meet" you :)
My 6 year old is Loving Little Hearts, and I am, too. We have modified it with a curriculum I purchased before I dove into HOD but the guide is about 75% used as written. I look forward to doing everything as written next year, with the exception of a morning time we plan on adding in. I can't wait!
Hobbit Hole Homeschool
DD 3.5 - Tag-A-Long

VanessaK

Post by VanessaK » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:44 pm

RSmith wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:45 am
Jaimejac wrote:
VanessaK wrote:

Jaime
Nice to "meet" you! We are at the beginning of our Little Hearts journey and loving it so far! To be honest though, I'm already super excited about next year. I often find myself looking at the Beyond section of the catalogue, reading what he will get to do next year. One of my good friends, who is also on this message board is doing Little Hearts, Beyond, and Preparing with her kiddos. Those guides look amazing.
I find myself looking forward to the Beyond guide as well! All of them, really :D I've already seen so much growth in my 6 year old and we are just in Unit 3! He has been asking such good questions after reading our History and he looks forward to the rotating box (he points to it and asks what we're doing that day haha!)
Hobbit Hole Homeschool
DD 3.5 - Tag-A-Long

The2youngs

Post by The2youngs » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:56 pm

Any update on new products coming out?! So excited to see how HOD can possibly be made any better! It’s been such a blessing to our family!
Heather
Wife to Brandon for 19 years, Mommy, and Missionary in PNG

In 2023-2024:
DS 16 in US1 with a couple DE classes,
DS 14 in WG,
DD 13 in MTMM,
DD 11 in Res to Ref