New Products Coming...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
RSmith

Re: New Products Coming...

Post by RSmith » Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:25 pm

The2youngs wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:56 pm
Any update on new products coming out?! So excited to see how HOD can possibly be made any better! It’s been such a blessing to our family!
I'm looking forward to an update too. HOD has been such a blessing to us as well, and I can't imagine it being any better either!
Rebecca
Married to best friend for 11 years
Mom to 6 yr old boy (Enjoying LHFHG, Loved LHTH) and 3 yr old girl (loves all the rhymes and songs)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:50 pm

Ladies,

Hooray! I am so excited to see your posts as we are continuing on with our new product development! I can see where each one of these new products is going to make our guides even better. How thrilling to see them coming together! We can't wait to share them with all of you. :D

We pray HOD may be a blessing to you on your homeschool journey. :D Thank you for taking time to share your enthusiasm! You blessed my heart today.

Blessings,
Carrie

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:29 am

Are there any hints as to what the new products are?

I am starting to get my cart ready to order, as my girls will start their new guides in June. They will finish Unit 26 today! So it would be nice to know if there is anything new coming out I would want to get for any of my kids.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:47 pm

StephanieU wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:29 am
Are there any hints as to what the new products are?

I am starting to get my cart ready to order, as my girls will start their new guides in June. They will finish Unit 26 today! So it would be nice to know if there is anything new coming out I would want to get for any of my kids.

Also curious if there's anything new coming soon, as I'm planning to place my next order soon... :wink:
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:47 pm

We have projects in multiple guides Carrie is working on right now. All of them with the goal of making the user experience better - better for the parent and better for the child. We will share updates on the projects within the next month, so stay tuned!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:53 pm

my3sons wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:47 pm
We have projects in multiple guides Carrie is working on right now. All of them with the goal of making the user experience better - better for the parent and better for the child. We will share updates on the projects within the next month, so stay tuned!

In Christ,
Julie
Thanks so much, Julie! Looking forward to hearing more! :wink:
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:58 pm

Thanks, Lisa! We are excited about these projects and yet fully recognize God being in control of when they exactly will come to fruition! We look forward to seeing Him choose and seeing His master plan (which is always best) unfold! Thanks for being excited about them yet understanding of the timing, which is always the Lord's. Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

RookieAce

Post by RookieAce » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:32 pm

New product coming soon!

We are excited to announce Copy the Classics, a new product for Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory! Copy the Classics is a valuable tool that makes copywork a breeze! Designed to accompany the “Poetry and Rhymes” plans in Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, this notebook divides copywork into bite-sized pieces. Copy the Classics is organized into 34 weekly units, each with 4 days of copywork to complete. A different classic poem is introduced each unit, with highlighted text to show which lines will be copied. Poems were chosen for their enduring qualities and their ability to withstand the test of time. Many famous poets are represented. The poems also reinforce the history themes found in Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. Your kids are sure to enjoy copywork with Copy the Classics!

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:40 am

I am so excited for this! We are going through Beyond right now and will probably be finishing up by the time this is released. I wish we had this at the beginning but I still have one more child to go through Beyond so I am glad we will have this for him!
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

RookieAce

Post by RookieAce » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:50 pm

New product coming soon!

Paint like a Poet combines poetry and painting for a one-of-a-kind approach to watercolor painting! Designed to accompany the “Poetry” plans in Creation to Christ, this notebook provides a host of easy-to-follow watercolor tutorials inspired by scenic poetry. Each painting lesson introduces a new poem, with highlighted text to show which lines to use for copywork. Then, a step-by-step watercolor tutorial helps students turn the poem into a vivid painting! The poetry study in Creation to Christ centers around the descriptive works of Robert Frost, a poet famous for bringing the New England countryside to life. Paint like a Poet rounds out this poetry study with a flourish, helping students craft a unique collection of paintings to visualize each poem!

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:16 am

Ugh! We are in Creation to Christ now! This would have been wonderful to have! All these new products are for guides we are already using. :P Oh well, they will be fun additions for when my boys reach these guides!
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

RookieAce

Post by RookieAce » Fri May 05, 2023 11:02 am

Say hello to our new Emerging Reader’s Set 2! Designed to follow our much-loved original Emerging Reader’s Set, this collection of 20 engaging books builds reading skills, picking up where the first set leaves off. Meet Buddy the first seeing eye dog, race against time to rescue a baby dolphin, solve the mystery of a runaway racehorse, fight a prairie fire with Cora Frear, deliver a secret message to Paul Revere, and pull together to save the family farm – all just a sampling of what awaits you! This set comes with a full-color reading schedule with brief discussion questions and narration starters. With books that gradually increase in difficulty, our new Emerging Reader’s Set 2 transitions beautifully into Drawn into the Heart of Reading.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon May 08, 2023 2:25 pm

We are excited that you are looking forward to our new Emerging Reader’s Set! :D It is chock-full of wonderful books that your kids will love! :wink: This new set comes with its own schedule. The Emerging Reader’s Set 1 will also come with its own schedule too. This new design will make it easier for families to use these two sets whenever their child needs them. So, if your child is ready for the first set of Emerging Readers when you’re doing Little Hearts or Beyond Little Hearts, you can begin the set at any time.

Each set is designed to last a year. So, when you finish Set 1 you can move on to Set 2. The sets are designed to steadily build reading level and comprehension, while helping kiddos learn to love reading great living books! A good goal is to finish both sets before beginning Preparing Hearts. Whenever your child finishes set two, you can move on to DITHR. :D

Carrie

RookieAce

Post by RookieAce » Fri May 12, 2023 10:44 am

New products coming soon!

We are excited to announce two new book sets for Drawn into the Heart of Reading. Designed to follow our new Emerging Reader's Set 2, the Level 3/4 Girl Pack and Level 3/4 Boy Pack include titles from all nine literary genres that fit seamlessly into the Drawn into the Heart of Reading plans. These two new sets replace the previous Level 2 and Level 3 Book Packs for Drawn into the Heart of Reading.

Level 3/4 Boy Pack:
Set sail for adventure in pirate-infested waters, search for buried treasure in Pelican Cove, take care of a mischievous capybara, hear true stories of 5 canine heroes, paddle to the sea in a tiny wooden canoe, and keep the lighthouse shining through the Christmas season – all just a sampling of what awaits you in our Level 3/4 Boy Pack! With our carefully chosen classics, you’ll receive time-tested gems that will leave your child smiling!

Level 3/4 Girl Pack:
Discover a secret garden in a Yorkshire estate, cook creative meals for your friends with Jenny Archer, befriend a doll-sized king and his 11 hungry babies, use your wits to win the Emperor’s favor, turn an abandoned boxcar into a home, and raise a husky to become a champion sled dog – all just a taste of what awaits you in our Level 3/4 Girl Pack! This hand-crafted book pack provides a selection of quality literature that your child will love!

RookieAce

Post by RookieAce » Fri May 19, 2023 9:35 am

Happy Friday morning, everyone! :D

Today, we have LOTS of great new products to showcase! Carrie has spent the last several years looking at our guides and ways to make them even better. We’ve been hard at work making changes, and now we’re finally able to announce many of these new Heart of Dakota selections, which will be available in the upcoming Spring Sale!

Our first exciting news is that we are adding two outstanding, new elementary math choices - Math With Confidence and Apologia’s Exploring Creation With Mathematics. This is the first time we have added new elementary math options in 20 years, and we know you will love what these program have to offer! We are also adding new phonics choices, while still keeping tried and true favorites. These options will make the path to reading easier for so many students!

Two other exciting changes include a new devotional for Little Hearts for His Glory and a new “Visual History” set of picture books for Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. Take a look below to learn more about each new product – and be sure to keep an eye out here and our email list, where we’ll be announcing another round of amazing new products!

Math With Confidence

Math With Confidence is an easy-to-use program that features short, daily lessons 4 days a week. Scripted, open-and-go lessons are both friendly and approachable with hands-on games, activities, real-life context, and helpful tips. Straightforward, colorful worksheets help students practice new concepts and review previously-learned material. For each level of Math With Confidence, all you need is the Instructor Guide, a Student Workbook, and common household materials (like coins, a ruler, a clock, small toys/stuffed animals, etc). Math With Confidence is currently available for grades K-3 with a new level releasing each year through grade 6. Your kids will learn to love math as they use Math With Confidence!

Apologia Math

Apologia's Exploring Creation with Mathematics helps students make strong connections between math, science, and our Creator! Rather than simply studying abstract mathematical principles, connections are taught so students understand the value of math as “the language in which God has written the universe.” This course features a 4-day weekly schedule that reflects a systematic progression from one skill to the next. Each level requires the Teaching Guide and an All-in-One Student Text (as well as a selection of household objects). Interactive lessons begin with an illustrated hands-on activity, followed by clear practice problems. Colorful activity pages, fun games, and intriguing projects ensure students are ready for new math concepts. Options and suggestions for adjusting a lesson if your child is struggling - or if your child is advancing quickly - are also provided. Apologia Math is currently available for grades 1-5 with Level 6 releasing next year. Exploring Creation With Mathematics is a well-designed math course that your children will love!

Just the Facts

Just the Facts is perfect for students who have mastered addition and subtraction and are ready to learn multiplication, division, and other basic operations. Help your student discover or reinforce third grade math concepts with 45 easy-to-teach lessons. Each lesson is first done with the student, side-by-side, followed by 1-3 pages of independent work. This math curriculum is designed specifically for visual learners, utilizing many visual aids. It is well-suited for students who have struggled with reading and/or may have memory difficulties. We recommend this program for students as a summer precursor to a third-grade math program or as rescue program for a fourth or fifth grader who has struggled with multiplication and division facts.

Learn to Read

Learn to Read is a fantastic beginning phonics program for little ones ages 3-5. This “learn-to-read” activity book sports over 100 easy lessons that will keep kids engaged from start to finish. Brief daily scripts help you know exactly what to say to keep your child focused and motivated. Cumulative phonics lessons feature coloring, mazes, word searches, and other exciting activities. Bond with your little ones as they learn to recognize letters, sound them out, and put them together in complete words and simple sentences. Learn to Read is perfect for little ones doing Little Hands to Heaven who are ready to begin reading. Its gentle pace, short lessons, and simple two-page format make it an ideal first phonics experience for new readers. After using Learn to Read, we recommend students progress into Book 1 of R.E.A.L. Phonics.

R.E.A.L. Phonics

We’re absolutely thrilled to present to you R.E.A.L. Phonics, an open-and-go beginning phonics program designed around full-color stories! Through this step-by-step reading program, children ages 4-7 (who know their alphabet) will learn to read in a fun and memorable manner. This thoroughly modern and unique approach encourages children’s natural love of stories by teaching them to sound out words in vibrantly illustrated tales. These stories gradually increase in complexity as new letter sounds are slowly added. No prep time is required! Just sit down and start reading the stories together. Lessons are only one page a day, with a new 4-panel colorful story on each page. Teacher instructions are on the bottom of each page. Flash card sets at the back of the book provide practice for the letter names and sounds. “Writing Practices” are interspersed throughout and include all-new words and sentences. When students finish R.E.A.L. Phonics, they are ready to jump in to Lesson 9 of The Reading Lesson!

Miss Rhonda's Readers

Are you looking for a fabulous introduction to reading? Look no further - Miss Rhonda’s Readers provides 16 colorful short stories and 2 delightful chapter books for beginning readers! Featuring phonetically correct words and fun, child-friendly plots, Miss Rhonda’s Readers help young children take joy in successfully reading right from the start. Rhonda Lucadamo, a certified Montessori teacher, discovered that children had the most success when first given realistic stories to read. So she penned some for her youngest readers. Each book contained phonetic words so children could sound out complete sentences. Her children’s accomplishment were immediate! They laughed, asked questions and reacted to each story. But most importantly, they read. And then they picked up another book, and another, and another. You’ll surely find the same to be true for your own children! We’ve scheduled Miss Rhonda’s Readers for use with both R.E.A.L. Phonics and The Reading Lesson. As an added bonus, these sets come with lovely full-color progress charts - made right here at Heart of Dakota!

Learn to Read for Kids with Dyslexia: Volumes 1-2

Learning to read with dyslexia can be a challenge for kids. But with the right tools, it’s a challenge they can conquer! Using a targeted approach to skill development, Learn to Read for Kids with Dyslexia: Volumes 1-2 feature more than 100 colorful games and activities in each volume. These work together to strengthen auditory processing skills and support letter formation in writing. Most importantly, they make reading fun! These standout dyslexia books help kids aged 6-9 practice their reading skills with exercises focused on phonemic awareness, dysgraphia, and auditory processing disorder. Kids will delight in exploring everything from phonics games to mazes, word association, matching, coloring, listening, and more. 6 different learning methods are provided, giving kids a chance to see what works best for them. So, turn kids into lifelong readers, and help them along the road to overcoming dyslexia with fun-filled games and activities that build their skills and confidence. These books can be added to any reading program – simply do one short activity a day!

Blast Off to Reading!

Blast Off to Reading! is a multisensory, Orton-Gillingham-based program for children ages 8-13 who are reading below grade level. It is designed for children who have dyslexia, speech delays, auditory processing disorder (APD), and other learning difficulties. This revolutionary program, in workbook format, will systematically teach your child to read – taking students from the most basic units of sounds to multi-syllable, complex words in just 50 lessons! Each lesson includes a new sound or rule, followed by several exercises, which review concepts taught in the lesson as well as those taught previously. Consequently, children will learn to know their sounds and see how they are put together to form words. This colorful book includes large text and a visually appealing layout. The back of the book includes a complete phonics “reference” chart for quick reviews of all the sounds being taught. In addition to all this, you can take advantage of additional teaching tools and activities available at the “Blast Off to Learning” website!

“Visual History” set for Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory

Picture the past with our new Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory “Visual History” set! Designed to round out the history study in Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, this collection of 27 engaging books provides a gorgeous visualization of the people, places, and events students are learning about. Sail to America on the Mayflower, bargain with tulips in Holland, settle in Jamestown with Captain Newport, plant apple trees across the nation with Johnny Appleseed, become a spy during the revolutionary war, build inventions with Benjamin Franklin, and live out on the prairie with Laura Ingalls Wilder - all just a sampling of what awaits you! By bringing history vividly to life, this set makes an excellent addition to Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory. This set will be scheduled in the new edition of Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory.

The Magnificent Names of Jesus

Names can tell us a great deal about people, and the various Biblical names of Jesus are no exception! The Magnificent Names of Jesus is a unique devotional and prayer guide that explores 37 memorable names of Jesus. Each short chapter spotlights one name and offers a conversational explanation, related Scripture, and name-focused prayer that shows the breadth and depth of Christ. Charming illustrations further convey the message and meaning behind each name. As kids learn to pray to Jesus their Shepherd, Jesus their Friend, and dozens more, we hope the experience will bring deep heartfelt change both for the children and the loving adults who read with them. We have scheduled this devotional to correspond weekly with the history readings in Little Hearts for His Glory. (A schedule is available with purchase of the devotional.)