So Blessed to be a Part of the HOD Family

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jaimejac

So Blessed to be a Part of the HOD Family

Post by Jaimejac » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:16 am

This is my first time posting here, although I am familiar with many of the names after the many hours I have spent reading the posts.

But I just wanted to share how eternally grateful we are to be a part of the HOD family.

I just found HOD last fall after being with another curriculum for the last few years. In fact, I had already purchased the next year's books from that curriculum when I found HOD. But after scouring the website and message board, I just knew in my heart that HOD was where we needed to be.

Needless to say, my husband was rather dubious about buying a whole new curriculum after what we had just purchased, but , great guy that he is, he trusted me and we found a way to make it work.

We chose to skip the spring sale and decided to wait until this summer to purchase the next year's guides and books. Now, my husband was saying, "Wait, how much is it again?" I was left scrambling to figure and refigure our budget to figure out how to make it work.

Then I remembered that HOD offered a payment plan...with no interest, no less. We don't use credit cards, so this was huge. I spoke with Julie on the phone yesterday and Cole today and got everything set up. And we are so grateful for the blessing this is to our family. We can continue seamlessly with our schooling without worrying about the budget.

This is not something I ever want to take for granted or take advantage of. I hope to not have to use the payment plan in the future. But for this year, it is a huge blessing.

Thank you to everyone at HOD! God Bless You

Jaime
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

daybreaking

Re: So Blessed to be a Part of the HOD Family

Post by daybreaking » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:35 pm

Welcome, Jaime!

I'm so glad you found HOD! I pray it will be as much of a blessing to you as it has been to us. We started with Beyond Little Hearts when my son was 8; he is now 19 and will be attending college in the fall. How fast time goes!! I can honestly say I have loved every minute of HOD and it has been an incredible blessing to our family. I would not have wanted to homeschool without HOD and I regret the time I thought textbooks were the answer. HOD is so much richer and the ways it allowed me to bond with my son have been priceless. Due to some difficult life circumstances, we were not able to complete all of the guides before my son graduated, but we have found HOD so valuable that my son took a gap year to continue working through a guide. We are even going to continue a few HOD electives during his college breaks! He has grown immensely in his faith this past year, as well in skills that will be extremely helpful as he tackles college. I am so very thankful for our years with HOD!

Enjoy the ride ... you can't go wrong with HOD ... it's worth every penny! :D

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16

MomOfLittleWomen

Post by MomOfLittleWomen » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:05 pm

Hi ladies, I’m so happy to join the HOD family too 🥰 I have a 6 year old starting Little Hearts for His Glory next month. My 4 year old, 3 year old and 19 month old will join along for the ride. HOD really caught my eye this past spring. I’ll have to take advantage of the spring sale next year. When is that usually? That’s great to hear about their payment plan with no interest. What a blessing!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:11 pm

Jaime,

Welcome! We are glad to have you here. :D We pray you may enjoy HOD as much as we have with our own 4 boys. It is a wonderful journey to be on with your family. Julie and Cole are a blessing to our family too! :D

We look forward to sharing the journey with you!

Blessings,
Carrie