WG ~ Integrated Physics & Chemistry Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LovingJesus

WG ~ Integrated Physics & Chemistry Question

Post by LovingJesus » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:23 pm

Hello! :D

I am wondering if my son is supposed to be completing the quizzes and tests for the Integrated Physics & Chemistry, or not?

For example, the lesson today in the guide was to finish pages 7 - 10 in the activity book. At the bottom of page 10, it said to have him ask his teacher (me) for the quiz. I didn’t have him do the quiz since it wasn’t specifically stated in the guide; is Carrie intending for him to complete the quizzes when the activity book states to use them?

We are loving the WG guide! :D

Thank you!

The2youngs

Re: WG ~ Integrated Physics & Chemistry Question

Post by The2youngs » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:37 pm

No. Carrie didn’t schedule tests or quizzes and felt the work that she scheduled (text and activity worksheets) was only worth 1 credit (the publisher considers the entire course - including tests and quizzes - enough for 2 credits).

Some moms have added the tests and quizzes back in and counted it as 2 credits.

I tend to agree with Carrie in that the course as she has scheduled it (without tests/quizzes) is worth 1 credit. My son is able to complete the day’s work in a pretty timely fashion, which to me indicates that 2 credits would be a stretch. But, others may differ in their opinion! 😊
Heather
Wife to Brandon for 19 years, Mommy, and Missionary in PNG

In 2023-2024:
DS 16 in US1 with a couple DE classes,
DS 14 in WG,
DD 13 in MTMM,
DD 11 in Res to Ref

LovingJesus

Re: WG ~ Integrated Physics & Chemistry Question

Post by LovingJesus » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:53 pm

Thank you, Heather! :D

It’s good to know that he can continue doing it without the quizzes and tests. He only needs 1 credit in science this year with lab so I will have him continue forward. He is enjoying the science a lot.

:D