LHTH

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
SarahAngeline

LHTH

Post by SarahAngeline » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:06 pm

I am thinking of using the LHTH curriculum in a formal preschool setting. I used it to teach my little ones. I’ve recently been hired to teach a 3 year old preschool program 2 days per week and a 4 yr old program 3 days per week. One will be playschool and they are hoping that the other will be very kindergarten preparatory and include lots of handwriting and cutting practice. Any ideas on how I could implement LHTH and if it would be sufficient for the 4 year old program?

StephanieU

Re: LHTH

Post by StephanieU » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:06 pm

I think you can make it work. If the program is at least 33 weeks a year, the 4yo class would be pretty easy. You would do two days of the guide the first two days of the week (with a break in the middle, assuming class is more than an hour), and then on the third day, do the last day and whatever else you want to do (additional letter activities, craft, seasonal lesson, etc). You would probably need to do more actual handwriting than some of the letter activities in the guide, but that would be a very easy change.

Two days a week would be slightly harder. But since it is more play school, you could possibly do the days of the guide each physical day, cutting out some of the more seat work activities.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)