try to meet with same minded families/HOD curriculum

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Este

try to meet with same minded families/HOD curriculum

Post by Este » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:21 am

Hello HOD community,

I would like to see if there is any interest or even possibility to connect families, who use HOD and live close by?
That the headquarter in SD with Carrie, Mike, and Julie would be able to maybe connect families within the same zip code or a radius of up to 20 miles. I do not know if there might be legal issues for sharing your information, but if we would be able to sign a waiver to agree to be contacted by other families who are part of the HOD family, I believe it might be possible to get something together like that.
I am thinking of something similar to maybe every Friday, since the curriculum is only four days, or every other Friday. Moms and children could meet for a "playdate", which could include a devotion, presentation, art project......in a back yard.
I just really feel that the times we are bringing our families up are not getting any better and it would be nice to build a physical network with same minded families to have a community where we can meet and encourage each other.

Blessings,
Este