Can I see some schedules?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Momoffab4

Can I see some schedules?

Post by Momoffab4 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:23 am

I love the schedules post but wanted to see if we could get some newer ones going? It’s the beginning of summer I know but this is when I start thinking about it. :P

StephanieU

Re: Can I see some schedules?

Post by StephanieU » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:05 am

I just posted ours for the last few years on my blog:
http://homeschoolingu.blogspot.com/2021 ... dules.html
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

The2youngs

Re: Can I see some schedules?

Post by The2youngs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:30 pm

I always love seeing others’ schedules too! It helps when/if we come to a tough spot during the year to be able to gather ideas from others as to how to gain smoother days.

Here’s a rundown of our schedule and some notes:
  • 4 kids - 9th (WG), 7th (Rev), 6th (Res), 4th (Prep)
  • We use HOD *mostly* as-is, although we insert a morning time just after break time to come together and do singing, poetry, a family read-aloud or local geography study (we’re expats overseas), and composer/artist study. This obviously lengthens our day just slightly, but also we omit some of those aspects from respective guides (ie. hymns from Bigger)
  • I start with my youngest and work my way up. I do all the T boxes with my youngest (noted in yellow on chart) and review any S boxes she may need guidance on, then she goes off to finish. Rinse and repeat on up the line, checking completed work as we go!

Attachments
A2BECC72-94DA-460D-ADC6-9AF8DD7CFCB9.jpeg
A2BECC72-94DA-460D-ADC6-9AF8DD7CFCB9.jpeg (93.96 KiB) Viewed 1660 times
Heather
Wife to Brandon for 19 years, Mommy, and Missionary in PNG

In 2023-2024:
DS 16 in US1 with a couple DE classes,
DS 14 in WG,
DD 13 in MTMM,
DD 11 in Res to Ref