Notebooking Page Issues?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
cbenner0723

Notebooking Page Issues?

Post by cbenner0723 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:22 pm

Hello Everyone,
Not sure if its only my son or if others are seeing this issue as well. My oldest son complains that writing on the notebooking with pencil is "too hard." The pencil marks don't show up or he has to press extremely hard he says. He then procceds to use pen, which i don't like because he makes too many mistakes. Anyone else have an issue where their children say that its too hard to write with pencil on the notebooking pages?
Thanks
Thanks so much
C Benner
Mom of 6
Wife of a Navy Submariner
Boy 13yr - finished BHFHG and Preparing
Boy 11yo - finished BHFHG and BLHFHG
Girl 7yo - finished LHFHG and partially finished BLHFHG
Boy 3yo
Girl 22 months
Girl 3 months

The2youngs

Re: Notebooking Page Issues?

Post by The2youngs » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:11 pm

My kiddos don’t like using pencils in the NB pages either. I have one who’s fine to use a fine tip Sharpie (he’s not bothered by single-line crossing out his mistakes cleanly) and another who prefers to use a Frixion pen. We LOVE Frixion pens as you can erase them cleanly! We use them for just about everything these days!
Heather
Wife to Brandon for 19 years, Mommy, and Missionary in PNG

In 2023-2024:
DS 16 in US1 with a couple DE classes,
DS 14 in WG,
DD 13 in MTMM,
DD 11 in Res to Ref

Rice

Post by Rice » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:25 pm

Each ofnmy children choose what works for them; most choosing pens, includingnFrixion, Papermaking Erasable, and any pen they can find (the last being the child who cared the least what his pages looked like, and who had symptoms of Dysgraphia).

That said, my children type all written narrations, so editing is painless. We edit to the width of the box and fd up any extra.

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:53 pm

Hello cbenner723!

We use either Ticonderoga pencils (for the younger kiddos) or .7 mm Bic clicky pencils #2 (for the middle school on up kiddos). Our boys have always used pencil all the way through the notebooking pages. :D Each family probably just needs to find what works for them! Which set of notebooking pages is your son using right now?

Blessings,
Carrie