Website search feature

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Rice

Website search feature

Post by Rice » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:01 pm

I just wanted to point out that the search feature still doesn't work very. . . helpfully.

When I do a search for a word in the title of an HOD resource, that resource doesn't always come up. (eg. Les Miserable - only the book came up, not the two times the CD set is scheduled.)

Secondly, when I click on the resource that does come up, it takes me to the description page, but there was no way to know what guide or package that book was from. Unlike when a book is found by going to the program, package, then description, there was no way to go from that page to the package in which the resource can be purchased.

Hopefully this will be helpful. I can't imagine how many details have had to be considered with your website rollout!

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Website search feature

Post by Carrie » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:28 pm

Rice,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! On the search results, we have added a feature that shows the tags that go along with a book (which include the name of the guide it is from). Also, right now the search is only working for books but not for CDs and other kits. Soon, CDs and kits will show up too. :D In the midst of the sale, we had to halt the tweaks to the site due to volume. We will resume working on those changes after the sale. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Rice

Re: Website search feature

Post by Rice » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:13 pm

Thank you, Carrie. I knew you are still in the middle of things, and appreciate your prompt response. I also knew I needed to let you know my thoughts while the details were still fresh in my mind.

Blessings as you continue through the sale, and into the coming weeks as you continue to roll out various features of the website.
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics