2nd Purchase of Teacher's Guide - Discount?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Murph

2nd Purchase of Teacher's Guide - Discount?

Post by Murph » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:27 pm

Does HOD offer a discount on the second, third, etc., purchase of the Teacher's Guides? I assume the $100 price tag is mainly "purchasing the copyright", so to speak. After we've purchased one copy directly from HOD, can we purchase the following copies at a discount?
3 children in college, 6 in homeschooling

Rice

Re: 2nd Purchase of Teacher's Guide - Discount?

Post by Rice » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:16 pm

I have never heard of such a discount.

The only time a guide is discounted, is when HOD makes updates and someone re-purchases the guide to get the updated version. HOD makes a refund for a portion of the cost once the old guide is returned to them.

When I needed a second guide (for children using the same guide but working on different levels of our home with very different personalities), I purchased the second guide used.

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

Murph

Post by Murph » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:41 am

Rice,

Thank you.
3 children in college, 6 in homeschooling

daybreaking

Post by daybreaking » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:26 pm

Just a little note to mention that you can reuse the guides for subsequent children, using a different check-off system for each one. For instance, for my son, I put a check in each box when the box was completed. Down the road, when my daughter used the same guide, I put her initial in each completed box. Some moms color-code the checks, to allow the guide eventually to be used for 4 or more children.

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd16