High School Transcript

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ninipelley

High School Transcript

Post by ninipelley » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Yay- I have a senior finally!!! Is anybody willing to share a sample of their high school transcripts? TIA....
2011-2012 plan
9.5 yr dd Preparing
7 yr ds finishing LHFHG
4 yr dd learning letters
almost 3yr dd tagging along

Rice

Re: High School Transcript

Post by Rice » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:44 pm

I used Transcript Pro for my first 2. My first one wasn't even asked to submit his when he entered hairstyling last summer. My second was asked for a completely different set-up than what Transcript Pro sets up.

They also wanted not only the course name and description (SO thankful that you can cut and paste from Carrie's course descriptions in the downloadable Introduction/TOCs!), duration and ending dates for each course, but also a list of books (again, thankful for the download), assignments and marking guidelines! It was monumental to decide what to provide, but the downloads were invaluable in providing those things without me needing to come up with (or remember) them on my own. I ended up submitting 10 pages of "transcript", and that was what they wanted! Much different from the 1 double-sided page I originally submitted! (I do think it had something to do with freshmen at that college being eligible for scholarships and needing to know if HS courses are "equivalent" to PS.)

I am willing to share both with you, but the reality is that what you need will very much depend on what college/uni your child applies to! Keep records of all marking. Keep copies of all the Introductions of the guides your child uses (in case they change before you need to submit info). Keep samples of their work. (That's the only thing I did not need to submit, but I'm glad I still have them.) And then go to the info sessions, open houses, or any virtual offerings of the places your child is interested in and ask what they want. (I have heard that requirements can change as often as registrars, so meeting them/knowing their names to be aware if they change, might be a good idea.)

If you decide you'd like to see what I have, feel free to send me a message and I can email them to you.

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics