WH Spanish help/adjustments

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mississippi Mama

WH Spanish help/adjustments

Post by Mississippi Mama » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:35 pm

Hi! It's been a while since I've been on the forums.

I have a son starting WH, but he did not go through WG (we did a classical community last year and he did Visual Latin as a foreign language).

Today (yes, January 20th) is our first official day starting back to school for a "new year".

I ordered the whole kit, with the Spanish, but after reading that it would be better to have had prior experience in spanish because the pace is fast, my son is having doubts this will work. Can I add that he is a very detailed perfectionist and wants to be 200% prepared?

So, I told him I'd go on here and ask what to do....Do we just go at it as scheduled (he has had that latin, but not a ton of english grammar-totally my fault) OR do we try to do some modified version of the schedule OR do we need to get the WG's spanish book OR something else?

Thanks!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: WH Spanish help/adjustments

Post by Carrie » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:54 pm

Hello!

This is a great question! I would encourage you to use the Spanish that is in the World Geography guide. It is a terrific first Spanish course. :D In the beginning, your son can do several lessons a day. Then, switch to doing only a lesson a day for the rest of the year. It is written directly to the student and has pronunciation audios for free online. Then, the following year, follow the Spanish schedule in the World History guide while your son is doing US1. :D

You can order Getting Started with Spanish by scrolling down at the link here: http://www.heartofdakota.com/hearts-for ... ckages.php

If you need to return the Spanish from World History, you can easily do that! Or, you can call and exchange it for Getting Started with Spanish. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Mississippi Mama

Re: WH Spanish help/adjustments

Post by Mississippi Mama » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Thanks Carrie! Sounds great:) And I think I have that book on a shelf somewhere. :mrgreen:
Stacey, Blogger at http://www.staceyposey.com
Currently using Beyond, Bigger, CTC & WH
Mom of 6 boys & 1 girl + Wife to Mike :D
2 kids are adults
-one is a senior this year
-oldest is a United States Marine
My other 5 are: 16, 14, 11, 9, and 3