Help with reading level for DITHOR

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
twolittlebears

Help with reading level for DITHOR

Post by twolittlebears » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:36 pm

I am putting together my sons' book lists for the fall. My oldest will do DITHOR level 4/5 with the books recommended. My youngest is finishing up level 2 and will begin level 3. My question is, how do I figure out the reading level for books that I already own? I've read some of the ones suggested in the bookrack, and we need other choices. I looked on the scholastic site, but their system uses letters A-Z which is very different from the grade level system of DITHOR. I'm not sure how to level books that we own, and I can't seem to find an equivalent system to help me. I appreciate any help!!
Married to my best friend 18 years
DS 10yo CTC (finished: MFWK, SL Core A, LHFHG, Delectable Ed, PHFHG)
DS 13yo CTC w/extensions (finished: WP Animal Worlds, MFW1, SL Core B, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Delectable Ed, PHFHG)