Pacing questions

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jnjlangston

Pacing questions

Post by jnjlangston » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Hello! I have a 5 year old (soon to be 6) that is doing LHFHG this year for Kindergarten. He can do most of the work well, although we are moving at a slower speed with Phonics. The main issue is attitude/behavior. Any thoughts on how to help kids with this? I tell him that I refuse to do school with him when he is not listening or if he is disrespectful or trying to make up his own rules...

Also, since he is on the young end of the guides, I am wondering what the best pace is for doing the guides so that there is not a gap year in there. I thought I read of some people spacing out Bigger and Beyond into 3 years rather than 2. Any thoughts or suggestions on pacing the curriculum would be helpful. Thank you!!