prayers needed

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Nealewill

prayers needed

Post by Nealewill » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:34 am

I had shoulder yesterday and they had to do more than I thought they would. Originally they thought they only had to repair the labrum but then they discovered that my rotator cuff was partially torn too so they detached it fully and reconnected it. Then, at some point yesterday, my father-in-law had a heart attack and died. My mother-in-law found him later in the evening and called my husband. He and his one brother are at her house now. My other brother-in-law just moved to New Mexico last week so he will be flying home soon. I praise God for good friends because I managed to find a place for my kids to go each day this week before my surgery. And last minute a good friend came over tonight to "watch" me since I can't be left alone for 24 hours and another friend said she would come by tomorrow and visit with me. So now that friend can help me fix some food and clean up a couple of larger dishes.

But please pray for my husband's family - they are all in shock and taking it hard.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

sweetsimplelife

Re: prayers needed

Post by sweetsimplelife » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:27 am

So sorry to hear this! Praying for your husband's family and also for quick healing for you.

Blessings!

FiveLittlePeaches

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Praying for your healing and for your family during this difficult time. Praise the Lord for good friends.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Oh my! That is so much to take in at once - I am so sorry for all that is happening! I'm glad to hear friends are nearby to help - I wish I lived down the street and could come help myself. I am praying for a solid recovery for you after your surgery. Whatever you can do to cut corners, I'd do! Paper plates instead of dishes for awhile maybe; frozen pizza instead of the healthy good stuff for awhile will be ok; half-speed school or dd teaching it or no school for awhile will be ok too. My heart truly goes out to you and your husband over the unexpected loss of his father. I am sure you are all in shock - especially your mother-in-law. One thing in tough times that helps me is to just take a big breath, pray about it, and take it one day at a time. Looking ahead is too hard sometimes, but somehow, with God by our side, we are able to go on just one day at a time. I will be praying for you, Daneale!!!

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Thank you so much ladies! I do truly appreciate your prayers.

And we have definitely stopped school for a bit. I planned to take this week off because of my surgery. My kids have actually had a really nice week with friends. My oldest developed a fever yesterday (my husband and son had this virus last week and it is brutal) so we spent the day together watching TV, eating leftovers and frozen pizza and taking naps. I may or may not do school next week since I will probably be with my mother in law a few days.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM