Using younger guides for high school credit

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
melissamomof3girls

Using younger guides for high school credit

Post by melissamomof3girls » Tue May 24, 2016 11:39 am

How would this work?

I am specifically thinking if my up and coming 6th grader were to join her 4th grade sister in Preparing then she would do Rev to Rev for 9th, MTMM for 10th and then what?

She is a bright student, but really really hates reading and writing. I am thinking she places well in the Preparing for this year.

Thanks for any help!
Melissa mama to
19 yo dd
17 yo dd
15 yo dd
12 yo ds
8 yo dd

StephanieU

Re: Using younger guides for high school credit

Post by StephanieU » Tue May 24, 2016 12:05 pm

It is definitely possible. There is a pinned post about beefing up the guides. The main things are:
1. Adding in things to make the government (Rev2Rev) and economics (MtMM) enough for a half credit each.
2. Making sure you meet your state's science requirements. This may mean switching out a science or beefing something up.
3. Using high school level books with DITHOR (or another literature program) for 9th and 10th grades.
4. Adding in any "electives" you need/desire. Foreign language is one that you may need to start before 11th grade for example.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

melissamomof3girls

Post by melissamomof3girls » Tue May 24, 2016 12:06 pm

StephanieU wrote:It is definitely possible. There is a pinned post about beefing up the guides. The main things are:
1. Adding in things to make the government (Rev2Rev) and economics (MtMM) enough for a half credit each.
2. Making sure you meet your state's science requirements. This may mean switching out a science or beefing something up.
3. Using high school level books with DITHOR (or another literature program) for 9th and 10th grades.
4. Adding in any "electives" you need/desire. Foreign language is one that you may need to start before 11th grade for example.
Thank you. I looked for a pinned post, but missed that one!
Melissa mama to
19 yo dd
17 yo dd
15 yo dd
12 yo ds
8 yo dd

FiveLittlePeaches

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Tue May 24, 2016 12:28 pm

Go to the Main Board. Under the "locked" posts, one is dedicated to upgrading/beefing up guides for high school. Hope that helps.