Shakespeare in Res 2 Rev

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mrsrandolph

Shakespeare in Res 2 Rev

Post by mrsrandolph » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:36 pm

My daughter and I find it hard to remember the 1st Shakespeare reading when the second half of the story is a week later. I find myself looking at a synopsis online to remind myself of the story. I kind of wish the readings were back to back. Does anyone else struggle with this?
Shannon Randolph LOVING HOD & Running 4 Guides & DITHOR
Mommy to 4 Precious Blessings
Cassie (15- World Geography),
Will (14- Rev2Rev,
Ellie (12- Res2Ref), and
Jack (10- CTC)

sarah_smile07

Re: Shakespeare in Res 2 Rev

Post by sarah_smile07 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:35 pm

We tend to forget too... ;-)

What we started doing a couple of weeks in, is I will give clarification or a recap every page or so, & then at the end of the day's reading, my son will give me a quick summary of what was read. Then the following reading, he'll quickly remind me about what we read last, & we'll go from there.

Good luck!!
~Sarah :-)
Mama to three sweet kids:
*DS - 12 yrs old (Rev to Rev)
*DD - 7 yrs old (Bigger)
*DD - 2.5 yr old (starting LH soon!)

Completed: Res to Ref, Beyond :D

luv2homeschool

Re: Shakespeare in Res 2 Rev

Post by luv2homeschool » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Yes! We had the same problem last year. I just paged back through the first half and it would trigger our memory. I think when I do it again with my daughter in a couple years that we'll make a few notes about each play to help us keep track of them all. The other thing that made it hard was how the same things happened over and over again. The big one was when a young woman would pass herself off as a man, that was practically in every play!
Christine
DS 12, Rev to Rev
DD 10, Preparing
Our fifth year using HOD!