Another PRAISE for HOD

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Motherjoy

Another PRAISE for HOD

Post by Motherjoy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:04 am

Carrie, I just wanted to praise HOD one more time! My oldest son is a junior and has been using HOD since Preparing in the 4th grade. This year, for various reasons, we chose to transistion to dual-enrollment online at a Christian college. While I was excited about the opportunity, I was nervous about how he would do. Well, I know that the work will get harder, but he has done very well with his first week of college classes. He scored 15/15 on his assignments for ENG101, and English is not his strong subject. THANK YOU for the work that you have personally done to provide my son with a strong education, and the ability to learn on his own. We never could have continued homeschooling without HOD. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH

mjlamarche

Re: Another PRAISE for HOD

Post by mjlamarche » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:30 pm

What an encouragement!!! I'm starting my 4th grader in Preparing right now so this is especially cool.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Motherjoy,

I don't know how I missed this post before, but you have me in tears at the keyboard today. Bless you for sharing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Congratulations on your son's great start to dual enrollment! :D Thank you for sharing this, as it encourages others to enjoy the HOD journey and trust the process! :D

In Christ
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie