Optional assignments

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mendaymom

Optional assignments

Post by mendaymom » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:14 pm

I know I've read somewhere in the posts that some of the assignments are "optional" and not included in the credit calculations.
Can someone tell me which ones those are for WG and Rev-Rev

Nealewill

Re: Optional assignments

Post by Nealewill » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:43 am

In the WG guide, the living library is optional and does not count toward credit. In RevtoRev, the signer's study I think is considered to be optional.

If you can do them though, I am sure they would add and make for a great year!
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

Motherjoy

Re: Optional assignments

Post by Motherjoy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:07 am

Everything is optional. Lol. But, yes, if you are talking about credit, then the Living Library in the high school guides do not count toward credit. However, you have the freedom, as the teacher, to give credit where you deem necessary. You just need to do research into what constitutes a credit and make sure your child is fulfilling that.

We didn't do the health in WH, because it wasn't important to me, and my state has no requirements about health. For us, that would have been wasted time, so we skipped it. He has done all the living library books, and I haven't assigned him credit for them, though I could and might. However, he will already have more than enough credits through HOD and dual-enrollment his last two years.
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH