Question about ordering books for DITHOR

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
DanaFL

Question about ordering books for DITHOR

Post by DanaFL » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:34 pm

I'm compiling my order for CTC, and am planning on ordering the Girl Interest package of books that goes along with CTC. I am wondering, for DITHOR, am I to use THESE books, OR am I to also order say, the Level 4/5 Girl Interest Book Pack listed back in the DITHOR section?
TIA!
Dana

Mumkins

Re: Question about ordering books for DITHOR

Post by Mumkins » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:49 pm

You'll order the 4/5 book package. The Girl Interest is for you to read to her.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

StephanieU

Re: Question about ordering books for DITHOR

Post by StephanieU » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Mumkins is right. The deluxe packages are for storytime, where the parent reads to the child. DITHOR is where the child reads the books. In Preparing-MtMM, DITHOR is scheduled 3 days a week. If you follow that schedule, you would complete 4-5 genres in a year. So, you complete one workbook after 2 guides. Some families will assign the other 4-5 books in a book pack as free reading over breaks. Others just continue with those books the next year.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)