WG for a senior...any changes necessary?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Sue G in PA

WG for a senior...any changes necessary?

Post by Sue G in PA » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi all. Haven't posted here in a while. Hope everyone is doing well and your school year has been blessed and productive. We've been humming along here this year, grateful to be back with HOD for many of our children. It sure does make for a "smoother" year. ;) With some ongoing issues relating to my oldest, recently graduated daughter and not knowing how I will be emotionally from one week to the next as a result, having the HOD framework and accountability has been a real blessing. Anyway, looking ahead to next year I have decided to continue with HOD, moving my rising 5th grader into CtC, my rising 6th and 8th graders (technically they are 7th and 9th but both function academically a solid year behind) into RtR (doing a different science for the 8th grader) and putting my 12th grader into the World Geography Guide. He will be taking English 101 at our community college for a dual credit so his English will be taken care of. He will mostly just use the Guide for the Geography, World Religions and Cultures and Bible. He doesn't need another Bible credit but I just love Rooted and Grounded and think he will benefit from using it. For science, he will do Chemistry. My question, after that long and drawn out introduction, lol, is this: Do I need to tweak or change or add anything to the Geography, World Religions and Cultures or Bible plans to be able to award credit? Honestly, he doesn't even really NEED another social studies credit (He has 1 1/2 credits in American History, 1/2 in Government and a credit in World History. But, I just love the material covered and think he will benefit from it, still giving him plenty of time to pursue his interests (music/guitar). Thanks everyone. Appreciate you all so much. :)

StillJulie

Re: WG for a senior...any changes necessary?

Post by StillJulie » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:47 pm

I wouldn't think any changes would be needed to award those credits. My daughter is completing them this year, and it is full and rich.
16yo DD using US History 1 for 11th grade
14yo DS using World Geography for 9th grade
13yo DS using Rev to Rev for 7th grade
10yo DD using Creation to Christ for 5th grade
8yo DD using Bigger for 3rd grade
7yo DD using Beyond Hearts for 2nd grade