Carrie: Coming to TX again?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
3musketeers

Re: Carrie: Coming to TX again?

Post by 3musketeers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:43 am

Oh, Carrie and Julie :cry:

Those of us that have attended the Arlington, Texas book fair for years are so sad to not have you back this year. We can't even imagine it without you. You were a tried and true booth year after year. It is disappointing that many new homeschool families in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area will miss out on being introduced to your wonderful Bible centered, God honoring curriculum. My hope is that the Lord may lead you to add one of the other book fairs in this area in years to come, such as Teach Them Diligently in Dallas or Great Homeschool Conventions in Fort Worth.

However, I am excited with you for God's new opportunities. Proverbs 16:9 says, "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps." Although, it is hard to see why things happen sometimes-- We know His plans and ways are always best. The blessing is Carrie and Julie's posts here and how they are so very gracious in this circumstance.

The even better news for us here in Texas is your website, message board, and incredible links that come with the sneak peaks almost make us feel we are there with you at the fair booth.

We will hope for days that our favorite curriculum will be back here in Texas. You will be greatly missed!!!

Appreciate HOD so much!
Cindy
3musketeers
"Let us not despise the day of small things nor grow weary of well-doing." CM Gal. 6:9
Big & LHTH 09-10
Prep & LH 10-11
C2C & LHFHG 11-12
R2R & Bey 12-13
Rev2Rev 13-14
Big MTMM W.Geo 14-15
Prep W.Geo WH 15-16
C2C WH US1 16-17

psreit

Post by psreit » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:54 am

We were blessed to be able to meet Carrie and Julie a few years ago at the CHAP convention in Harrisburg, PA. I hope some time it will work out again. Since that won't happen this year, I'm thankful I don't need to go to look for curriculum. :D When we finish Bigger, we're onto Preparing. I am now receiving information about the convention, but am content staying home this year. God used the convention last year to get us on track with math, along with some other support. Now that we are back in HOD, it is such a relief not having to go 'searching'. My dh was happy when I said I wouldn't go this year. I won't spend more money on extras if I stay home. HOD has made my decision easy. :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:33 am

Ladies,

I have a unique privilege in updating this thread once more with another unexpected change. :D After we posted our change in schedule regarding the convention in Arlington, we received an outpouring of emails, posts, and gracious expressions of disappointment from our customers who were saddened that we would not be exhibiting in Arlington this year. As part of that outpouring, it appears that quite a few of you also contacted THSC on our behalf. Due to these emails and phone calls, THSC contacted us. Through that contact, we discovered that there had been a glitch in their process somewhere along the line, and THSC has graciously remedied this situation by working out a way for us to come to Arlington this year. We may be a bit squeezed for space, but we are glad for the opportunity to be in Arlington and will find a way to make it work! :wink:

Additionally, we have the added benefit of including Virginia and Nashville in our schedule now, which we had not planned to do prior to the change in Arlington. So now, with a full schedule and full hearts, we look forward to the upcoming convention season. God is so good to us, and we look forward to seeing those of you who can visit us at convention this year. For those of you who cannot make it to a convention where we will be, we look forward to connecting with you on our message board, through Facebook, and by telephone! We are blessed to have such wonderful customers and friends like you to share our homeschool journey! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

3musketeers

Post by 3musketeers » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:19 pm

Woo Hoo!!! :D

I'm registering and on my way!

Good news!!!

by His grace,
Cindy
"Let us not despise the day of small things nor grow weary of well-doing." CM Gal. 6:9
Big & LHTH 09-10
Prep & LH 10-11
C2C & LHFHG 11-12
R2R & Bey 12-13
Rev2Rev 13-14
Big MTMM W.Geo 14-15
Prep W.Geo WH 15-16
C2C WH US1 16-17

momxnine

Post by momxnine » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:29 pm

WOO HOO!!!! I'm doing a happy dance and already wrote my daughter to tell her we'll see them that weekend!!! This is super exciting. :D
Vicki in SW. MO.
Mom of 9 (ages 14 - 35) and Grammy to 7
14 ds - Finished CTC, RTR and Rev To Rev; MTMM - Fall of 2016

mom2gr8kidz

Post by mom2gr8kidz » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Yay!! So excited for the convention now!
Susan E
mom to 5 kids-26, 24, 20, 12, and 10
Have used Beyond, Bigger, and currently in Preparing with
my 12 and 10 year old daughters...
and loving it!!