Please pray for Diana Waring!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Sue G in PA

Please pray for Diana Waring!

Post by Sue G in PA » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:18 pm

This was just posted to her FB page:

Please pray for Diana! About 2 hours ago, she was taken to the hospital by ambulance with symptoms of a possible heart attack (squeezing chest pain, jaw and back pain, weak and dizzy). She is resting now but they will be keeping her overnight for observation and to run tests.

Please say a prayer for her!

I just adore Diana...what a gem of a lady. She spoke many years ago at Sandy Cove Homeschool Week in North East, MD and it was such a privilege to be able to meet her, gleam from her and just chat with her about homeschooling, life, faith, History (of course!), children, etc. Such an amazing woman. I know you will all join me in praying for her quick and complete recovery. Thanks!

momtofive

Re: Please pray for Diana Waring!

Post by momtofive » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Oh no! :(

We'll be praying.....
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

Sue G in PA

Post by Sue G in PA » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:06 am

UPDATE from this morning:

Diana is feeling okay this morning. She had a stress test and is awaiting those results. It's possible she may have a cardiac cath later today. The doctor mentioned to her that sometimes patients present with classic heart attack symptoms and it turns out to be stress. Praying that is so in this case! Thank you for your continued prayers and concern for her!

Thanks for praying.

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Thanks for letting us know. Praying!
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

Sue G in PA

Post by Sue G in PA » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:20 pm

Thanks for praying. Here is the latest update from Diana herself:

"Thank you all for praying. My stress test was negative, and the doctor sent me home to rest and relax. He thinks this was probably stress-induced, which can make it look like heart attack. The nurse and I thought he should have written a two-week prescription for Hawaii!! That would be relaxing, don't you think?"

Praise God. I am so relieved. :)