question about Little Hearts Bible...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
calihil

question about Little Hearts Bible...

Post by calihil » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Hey there! So I am planning on using LHFHG this year for my K'er, and I was trying to find out what exactly the Bible part of the curriculum entails? Are we going to be going through the whole Bible story book? We've already used the ones listed in the curriculum so we'll be using another one (The Bible for Children by Murray Watts), but I wanted to go through the whole thing this school year, just didnt know if and how it would line up with the curriculum... Does this make sense? lol I hope so. Anyways, thanks! :)

StephanieU

Re: question about Little Hearts Bible...

Post by StephanieU » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:24 pm

The first 18-19 units are almost all Bible. There are occasionally readings out of History for Little Pilgrims and maybe 1 or 2 out of Stories for Children. Once you get to Unit 19, the history switches from Biblical to more US and world history after the Bible times.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

Kims

Post by Kims » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:28 pm

There are also two different bibles sold for LHFHG. You can see them on the site. You could choose the one you haven't used.
Kim S
Jamie 22, Sloane 19, Savannah 18, Collin 9, and Judah 7
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

calihil

Post by calihil » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Oh ok, gotcha, so there isn't really a "Bible" part in that it goes through the whole storybook Bible? So I could just do that on my own apart from the curriculum?

Im a bit confused. lol It's just hard to get these details in a one week sample of the guide...

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:38 pm

The first 18 units or so go through the whole Bible. I think only the last story (Christ's Return) wasn't read in the Family Time Bible during those 18-19 units. And that last story was read at the end of the year, where it fit chronologically. So, yes, you do go through the entire Bible. Just within those weeks there are a few days that aren't Bible reading.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

Motherjoy

Post by Motherjoy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:32 am

Yes, the Bible reading that she is mentioning is actually in the "history" box. The Bible box includes memory verse work 5 days a week, and a devotional on 1 to 2 days a week.
MJ, mom to 8
2015-2016 plan
*17yo is dual-enrolled after using HOD for 7 years
*11yo, 10yo, 9yo, and 7yo - CTC with modifications
*5yo, 4yo - LHTH
*3yo - playschool

Accomplished: LHTH, LHFHG, BHFHG, Beyond, PHFHG, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM, WG, WH

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:44 am

Motherjoy wrote:Yes, the Bible reading that she is mentioning is actually in the "history" box. The Bible box includes memory verse work 5 days a week, and a devotional on 1 to 2 days a week.
I also was going to clarify this, as MotherJoy has done so well here. :D You use the Bibles for the "Creation" part of history, so the entire left side of the plans go with the readings. It is very nice for this reason to use 1 of the 2 Bibles suggested, rather than trying to use a different story Bible and have to match them yourself every day. So, the Family Time Bible and 101 Favorite Bible stories are used for the history part of the plans. Your own Bible is used for the Bible Study part of the plans, which entails Scripture memorization, discussion, music, and sharing. So, these are 2 different parts of the plans. HTH!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie