New Thread for Kathleen!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Melanie

New Thread for Kathleen!

Post by Melanie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:11 pm

I hope this is ok, but I thought not everyone would see this from Mary's post and we do all need to lift our sister Kathleen up right now! She is such a sweet person and is having some difficulty with her pregnancy...so pray hard ladies!!! I know it always helps me just to know that I have others praying for me and sometimes just sharing the burden helps.

We love you, Kathleen!
Your neighbor in MO!
:D Melanie
(If gas were cheaper, I'd be there cleaning your house for you and doing some laundry....does the thought count?!?)
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Amen Mel! I love your tender heart!

Kathleen, I am praying for you dear friend. I'm so sorry you are going through difficulty. We will keep lifting you up. (((Kathleen)))
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Praying for you here too Kathleen! I know this is a hard one. Praying for rest and healing and for God's hand on your baby! Get lots of rest and take very good care of yourself! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:49 pm

More prayers going up!! ((((K)))))
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:14 am

I am praying for you tonight, Kathleen!

LeAnna
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:44 am

We're keeping you in prayer here too, Kathleen. My hubby and I had a much needed date last night, and as we prayed before our meal, he lifted both you and water2wine up in prayer (and Melanie too for continued healing). :D

After the prayer, he said, "Isn't it amazing how well you get to know one another from the HOD board? This group of ladies is very special!" I agree with all my heart.

Blessings,
Carrie

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:21 am

Carrie, thank you from the bottom of my heart. We do that as well, and my dh has gotten to where he seriouly understands and actually asks about my "friends" (big step for him). We also need to add Carly, as I just got around to reading the other post about w2w and they are going through the same things together.

I love you all!
:D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Do we know what the problems are for Kathleen's pregnancy? I will be praying for her and the baby!!!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:21 pm

I know I'm new and don't know any of you yet, but I will certainly add Kathleen to my prayer list.

Melanie, would you be able to keep us updated till she can come on and fill us in herself?
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:27 pm

I don't know, but GOD does! :D

Kathleen and I don't live too far apart, and have gotten to know each other through this board. We found out we have so much in common and I really feel like she is just right next door. As soon as I read her comment on Mary's thread, I realized I was holding my breath with a knot in the pit of my stomach....so I started this thread immediately. There are also many of us here that have suffered with difficulties during pregnancy and it's a tender spot in my own heart.

I'm sure she will keep us posted and I'm sure she will be so thankful for all the prayers! You guys are truly the best!!
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Oh, Melaine! Thank you so much for your concern for me! And I want all of you to know how much your prayers mean to me. You really are like sisters to me...and I'd give you all big hugs if I could!

I should be 8 weeks pregnant right now, and had some light spotting a couple weeks ago that only lasted 1 day. They did a sono to check things out, and determined that I was either not as far along as I thought (which is entirely possible as my body is a little wacky) or it was a blighted ovum (which means that the baby quit developing really early, but my body still thinks I'm pregnant and is playing along). Since it's either ok or not, the dr. said there's really no reason I couldn't do anything I normally would. It's already been determined, we just had to wait and see which it was. I just got the results from the 2nd sono today and it is a blighted ovum. The gestational sack is there, but empty. Sooo, I'd covet your prayers on Monday as they'll do a D&C (after 1 more sono just to make sure they didn't miss anything).

The Lord has really given me peace through all of this. Obviously we're disappointed as we'd love to welcome another baby, but we're really counting our blessings, too. I have 3 wonderful children from 3 problem-free pregnancies. I know many of you have experienced miscarriages and I so appreciate your tender hearts!

Love,
Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:31 pm

Oh dear I am so sorry. That is heart breaking and disappointing. My prayers are with you and your family. I know you are counting your blessings and knowing God always has our best but I also know how hard this can be. My heart goes out to you.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Kathleen I'm sorry. I miscarried last year at 12 weeks so I know how hard, confusing and dissapointing this is. I'll be praying for you.

"And the LORD, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed."~Deut. 31:8
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:00 pm

:cry: I am so very sorry.
I'm so glad that you have found that much needed peace. I pm'ed you!
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Carly

Post by Carly » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:30 pm

I'll be praying.

Carly