high school plan needed!!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
raylene

high school plan needed!!!!!

Post by raylene » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi Carrie,
my son who is now in 8th grade & 14. He did CtC lasy year. we are stumped with what to do next. we thought about just continuing the path doing geography in 11th then world in 12th. my main concern would be to really bump up bible. He is used to very in depth studies. i thought about having him do the scheduled bible studies but teach them to his 8 year old brother sorta like a mentoring project. Also, will i need to beef up science? if so what? we are not sure if he will be going to college. we really don't worry too much about that but mainly want him to love learning and retain as much as possible. trust the Lord to sharpen his mind and prepare the way if that is what he desires. Please help. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. i have looked at other programs but just really want to use HOD. I have also read the beefing it up section on the message board which gave me some ideas. we will be trying math essentials before jumping into pre algebra. and am considering signs and seasons. not sure if that is what you would recommend. He loves physics and want to make sure the next guide is meaty enough for him. He is just an average student who works at a pretty slow pace absorbing everything he reads. He has been greatly impacted and thoroughly enjoyed created for work book. To me that was more real life schooling then anything Ive ever done for him besides the bible itself!!!!! i would love for him to read lots more of those kinds of books plus some on purity and courtship. just to give you a little about what my goals are.
Thank you!!!!
Raylene