10th grade Lit

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MicheleW

10th grade Lit

Post by MicheleW » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:28 pm

We are using M2M for 10th grade this year. I'm still unsure what to do for Lit. We've used Progeny Press in the past. I like these but occasionally find it difficult to discuss (or grade his answers) when I haven't read the book. Plus it sometimes feels a little hodge-podge -y (sorry, making up words here), since you can pick any combination of guides. Not sure if I'm covering all the literature topics I should. I was thinking of getting the Lit study suggested in the new Geography guide (BJU Fundamentals of Literature paired with some living books.)

I realize no one has used the Geography guide, but was wondering if anyone is familiar with the BJU text. Or if anyone might be able to compare to Progeny? Do you think I'd be able to schedule it without the HOD guide?

Any thoughts?
Michele
DS 10th M2M w/extension
DD 7th RTR w/extension

8arrows

Re: 10th grade Lit

Post by 8arrows » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:58 pm

I have an old version of the BJU Fundamentals of Literature that I used with my older boys. There is a schedule in the front. We really liked it. The new geography guide has the newer version scheduled and breaks after ever chapter to read (and I think journal) about a novel. If you buy the guide now, they will credit you back the full amount when you buy the geography economy package next year.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

MicheleW

Re: 10th grade Lit

Post by MicheleW » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:20 am

Oh thank you. I didn't realize that they would credit the guide back. I had thought about buying just the guide, but didn't want to miss out on the package deal and can't afford to buy the whole package right now. I'll have to give that some thought.
Michele
DS 10th M2M w/extension
DD 7th RTR w/extension