Keeping a 2 year old busy

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
hsftheart

Keeping a 2 year old busy

Post by hsftheart » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:26 pm

I am looking for some ideas to keep my 2 year old busy while I work with my 6 and 8 y/o's. We will be starting our first year of learning at home and I am just curious what has been successful for others who have toddlers running around. Thanks.

MelInKansas

Re: Keeping a 2 year old busy

Post by MelInKansas » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:25 am

This is a post that I posted quite a while back and Carrie added in a list she has posted several times on here of things she has done for busy toddlers which is wonderful to read. I think it may even been in the FAQ thread at the top, though I am not sure.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10601&p=77197

It's funny for me to go back and read that now because the child in question in that post is now almost 4 and embarking on her own school career.

Up in the "Let's share our schedules" sticky post I posted my schedule for the summer and probably into the Fall (though my 6YO will be into Beyond by fall so I will need to rework it a little bit). I have an 8YO, 6YO, 3YO and 1YO. I let my 3YO and 1YO watch a 20 minute cartoon during school. I am in the process of teaching my 1YO to take "blanket time," play quietly on a blanket with some interesting toys that are only taken out during this time. I try to team up a younger with an older when I can spare the older or when I am working with the other one. Audio books, my 3YO loves audio books. Anyway, I hope you find some thing(s) that help.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven