CTC with 7th grader questions.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
my12kiddos

CTC with 7th grader questions.

Post by my12kiddos » Sun May 05, 2013 5:46 am

I'm placing my 7th grader in CTC with my 5th grader. I am adding through extension pkg. Do I need to add more science for the 7th grader like apologia General science or extra literature like Bob Jones?

Mombeck

Re: CTC with 7th grader questions.

Post by Mombeck » Sun May 05, 2013 12:42 pm

I recently started my 6th grader with CTC and we will take most of her 7th grade to finish. I had asked the same question regarding science. I had intended to use Apologia General Science for 7th grade and I had purchased it before ordering from HOD. I met Carrie and Julie at our recent homeschool convention and they indicated that trying to do both the CTC Science and Apologia General Science would be too much and I agree. My daughter is really loving the included science like Apologia Land Animals of the Sixth Day. This is her first experience with a truly Christian curriculum and it is such a blessing!

I still want to do our General Science so maybe we will do it for 8th grade. In answer to your question, the included science is enough for 7th grade so there is no need to add to it unless you want to. We are also using all of the extensions and it is making for a full day along with my daughter's German and Pre-Algebra courses.

For literature, we plan to start HOD DITHOR but we are still working on getting a routine down with CTC. If you don't use DITHOR, then yes you should consider another literature program. We are excited to start DITHOR soon! I hope your 7th grader enjoys CTC as much as mine. The notebooking pages are incredible and my daughter is loving the water color painting that ties in with the poetry.

Hope you have a great start!
Rebecca
wife to my dh for 31 years
dd 29 teaching degree
dd 26 college graduate with English degree
ds 20 2 year Associate Arts degree, working to return to college
dd 17 PSEO classes
dd 13 MtMM Fall ‘18
ds 10 Bigger Fall ‘18

my12kiddos

Re: CTC with 7th grader questions.

Post by my12kiddos » Sun May 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Thank you. That answers my questions. I do plan to use DITHOR . So I won't need additional science and Literature.