Required NY State Paperwork

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MrsKnapp

Required NY State Paperwork

Post by MrsKnapp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Can anyone direct me to a place on these boards where I can find examples of IHIPs, quarterlies, etc. that are specific to HOD? I live in NY. TIA!
Kelly, wife to Jeff
Blessed immeasurably more than all I could ask for or imagine!
Our choices for the 2014-2015 school year:
Jeffery (7) -- Bigger with R&S 2, DITHOR
John (6) -- Bigger with Emerging Readers
Katherine (3)
Margaret (6mos)

momofjka

Re: Required NY State Paperwork

Post by momofjka » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm from NY also and I'd be happy to share what I use (although I know there are many ways to do these). I have a hard time getting documents on here, but I could send them as an email attachment if you PM me your email address.
Wife of Jim
Mom of:
Jason (10) PHFHG
Katrina (7) BLHFHG
Anthony (5) LHFHG
Vincent (Born 4/23/2012)

daybreaking

Re: Required NY State Paperwork

Post by daybreaking » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 pm

I live in upstate New York. For our IHIP, I made a two-column chart. In the first column, I listed the required subjects. In the second column, I either put Heart of Dakota or specific resources. For example, here are two of the sections on my IHIP:

(Please excuse/ignore the dots; it's the only way I knew to get it spaced correctly.)

Writing & English..............English 4: Building with Diligence
..................................Rod and Staff Publishers, Inc. (Crockett, KY)

Geography, History,...........American history & geography from the 1500's-1970's, using:
Patriotism, Citizenship.......Bigger Hearts for His Glory: A Learning Program for Ages 7-9
& Art............................Heart of Dakota Publishing (Dell Rapids, SD)

(Note: We use another science, in addition to HOD, which I list separately. Otherwise, I would have just added science to the subjects covered by HOD.)

Then, for my quarterly report, I simply list the lessons covered in the specific resources or the units covered by HOD. (I also add a third column, where I add supplementary resources, but mainly for my own records, not because I need to for our district.) Here are two of the sections from a past quarterly:

SUBJECT.........................PRIMARY...........................SUPPLEMENTARY
Writing & English...............Lessons 37-58....................Copywork & handwriting practice

Geography, History,............Units 16-19........................Listening to "read alouds" on a variety of
Patriotism, Citizenship.............................................historical topics & people; Art Lessons from
& Art ................................................................."Joseph, the Canada Goose" by Barry Stebbing

I know some districts in New York are "pickier" than others, but this has worked really well for us. I've been submitting my reports like this for several years and our district has always accepted what I've submitted and has never questioned anything. HTH! :)

Wife to one amazing husband and mother to two precious blessings from above:
ds21 & dd17