Question about Extensions

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
school4princesses

Question about Extensions

Post by school4princesses » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi there,

This is our first year with HOD and with Charlotte Mason ideas in general. As such, when my 8th grader began Rev2Rev, I did not have her doing any extensions. I want to change that up now that we are past that initial transition. But I am unsure of how these are supposed to work. Are the extension books supposed to be used in place of the Storytime books from the Basic package? Are they supposed to be read in addition to the Storytime books? Or is it going to be different for each student? Thanks for the help. :)
Jennifer
DD 16 (in a performing arts charter school)
DD 14 (WH)
DD 10 (CTC)
DD 7 (BHFHG)

Tansy

Re: Question about Extensions

Post by Tansy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 pm

For us in CTC I'm using the storytime books as the extension package, DD1 listens in and then reads it her self and she gets an additional written assignment on the extension book 3 days a week. Some days it's a paragraph or a comic strip or spoken and I scribe, then give it to her to type up. She then places her finished work in her extensions note book.

Carrie has clear instructions in the back of the guide in the appendix, a little digging and you will find it. :-)
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫