Rambling thoughts....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marty D

Rambling thoughts....

Post by Marty D » Tue May 27, 2008 9:50 pm

I was just reading over some of the threads, and started thinking. In one post it was mentioned how this board is like family. I have found that this particular hs board is so much different from others I have been on. I have actually been spending most of my time here lately, and very little at the other.

Anyway, all this got me to thinking about why I enjoy it here. Immediately I came to the conclusion that it is because most people here have very similar views. I think the vast majority of you here have one goal...to teach our kids to love God with all their hearts, souls, and minds. Academics are important, of course, but nothing is more important than their walk with God. I think this board encourages that way of thinking more than any other board I have ever been on.

Well, all this pondering caused my mind to go one more place. I started thinking about how wonderful it will be when we all get to heaven and meet each other. The biggest HOD homeschool convention ever!!!! The hardest days down here will be so worth it when we get up there.

Anyway, I just wanted to share. Sorry, I kind of ramble a lot. I am sure that you will get used to it.....or kick me off :D :D :D . Either way, you HAVE to live with me when we get to heaven, and I will probably ramble then too! :lol:
Martha

Mom to 3 boys --Nathanael 8, Daniel 5, and Karsten 2

Kathleen

Re: Rambling thoughts....

Post by Kathleen » Tue May 27, 2008 10:19 pm

Marty D wrote:I think the vast majority of you here have one goal...to teach our kids to love God with all their hearts, souls, and minds. Academics are important, of course, but nothing is more important than their walk with God. I think this board encourages that way of thinking more than any other board I have ever been on.
I couldn't agree more, Martha! That is what I love so much about these ladies! :D It's so encouraging to feel like I'm not alone in this quest when it's rare for me to find another like-minded mom in our area. I'm so thankful to be able to ask questions from those of you that I know have similar goals and are on the same "path" that our family is on. :D

Just think of the generation of kids that are represented here that we have the privilege to raise for Him! I am blessed to be a mom, a home-schooling mom, and I love being around others who feel this way, too!

Thankful for my wonderful cyber-sisters in Christ!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

naturegirl

Post by naturegirl » Tue May 27, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi Marty!
What a wonderful post and I totally agree with you. It is so nice to be surrounded with all this encouragement and positive posts. Kimber
Starting Bigger Hearts For His Glory and Drawn into the Heart of Reading with my son in August 2008! Also enjoying learning along with my high schooler.

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Wed May 28, 2008 5:00 am

What a wonderful thought to start my day! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

And thanks to Mike and Carrie for giving us such an easy way to teach the truth and for giving us a place to come together and unite as we teach our children the truth.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Jen in Va

Post by Jen in Va » Wed May 28, 2008 5:47 am

crlacey wrote:What a wonderful thought to start my day! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

And thanks to Mike and Carrie for giving us such an easy way to teach the truth and for giving us a place to come together and unite as we teach our children the truth.
I'll second this! Great beginning to my day!
Jen
Hsing mom of 3:
DS (20) college, home educated k-12
DD (17) 12th grade (2009-10), home educated
DS (6) Beyond (2009-10, have already started--loving it, btw!)

netpea

Re: Rambling thoughts....

Post by netpea » Wed May 28, 2008 6:19 am

Kathleen wrote: Thankful for my wonderful cyber-sisters in Christ!
:D Kathleen
I couldn't agree more.
:D

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:26 am

I don't think you rambled. I loved your post. :D I love how this board is so uplifting and does not have the "drama" :roll: that some other boards do. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed May 28, 2008 9:40 am

YES!

I totally agree! What a wonderful observation and I'm so glad you put it into words. I have been on many other boards and loops and though many of them have wonderful Mama's who love their Lord, it seems the zeal for "HIM" always competes with the zeal for academics.

Please don't misunderstand me. I think academics are VERY important. I think HOD will give my children an EXCELLENT academic foundation, but HOD leads w/ instilling a biblical worldview into our children's hearts FIRST!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

JennyBenny

Post by JennyBenny » Wed May 28, 2008 10:05 am

I'm new to this board, & I already agree with the op. This is a refreshing place to visit. These boards really helped me decide to go with DITHOR. I was just curious about that program & started researching it, even though I wasn't planning on purchasing it. Well, obviously I changed my mind. :lol: So here I am today.
Married to awesome dh since 1997
Mom to 3 wonderful children- ages 16, 7, & 5
DITHOR-beginning in Aug. 2008

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 am

Martha -
I so agree with you... in fact, you gave me little shivers as I read your post. This board has become a bit of a safe haven for me, a little piece of heaven here on earth. When so much of the world questions what I'm doing homeschooling my children - or even just how we're raising our children in general - it feels like a refuge when I come here. I can share openly about homeschooling here, and how knowing/loving/glorifying God is our #1 goal in homeschooling, without feeling judged. I don't feel the need to guard my heart and feelings here as I do with others. This board and all of you have become a cherished part of my daily life. Thanks for sharing, Martha! And I have yet to think that you are rambling... Your posts are always kind and well put-together!

In Christ,
Julie :o
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed May 28, 2008 10:51 am

JennyBenny wrote:I'm new to this board, & I already agree with the op. This is a refreshing place to visit. These boards really helped me decide to go with DITHOR. I was just curious about that program & started researching it, even though I wasn't planning on purchasing it. Well, obviously I changed my mind. :lol: So here I am today.
I just wanted to welcome you here to the HOD board, JennyBenny! I'm so glad you'll be doing DITHOR, and we'll have to share it with one another here. Glad you are here!

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm

What a sweet post! I absolutely agree with you. I do think it is because we all are like minded and have the same goals. And it is huge when you realize what that goal entails. It is so wonderful to have direction in that and sweet ladies to share that with. 8) It's wonderful to chat with moms who have discipleship of their kids as the first goal and that also lift each other up along the way. And I think it is rare and it is really needed in the homeschooling community. I think also HOD writes to that goal and then also runs it with a ministry heart. That combination is even more rare. We are really lucky to have the program and other happy moms to share in it. 8)
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

momto2grls

Post by momto2grls » Wed May 28, 2008 8:11 pm

Your post brought little tears to my eyes. I couldn't agree with you more. I have only been on these boards a very short time, and picked up on the family feel immediately. I love visiting HOD in the evenings when all is quiet and my children have gone to bed. :lol:
Proud mom of 2 girls :
dd - 7yrs Bigger Hearts
dd - 3yrs Little Hands

Marty D

Post by Marty D » Wed May 28, 2008 8:58 pm

You gals are too kind!! Thanks for all the kind comments.
Martha

Mom to 3 boys --Nathanael 8, Daniel 5, and Karsten 2

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu May 29, 2008 12:23 am

Marty,

Your post gave me shivers! I love the idea of us all praising the Lord together in heaven someday. That's what it is all about. I couldn't have said it any better. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie