DIHOR 3 days a week

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
renee

DIHOR 3 days a week

Post by renee » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Can anyone share with me how their DIHOR 3day a week schedule looks? I know some of you do this and was wondering how your schedule this without finishing the reader before the workbook.

Thank you,

Renee

pjdobro

Re: DIHOR 3 days a week

Post by pjdobro » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Though we were supposed to only do DITHOR 3 days a week during Preparing, my dc loved it so much that we still did it everyday. I have read others here have done it 2 different ways.

One way is to just actually do the reading and workbook on the days that DITHOR is scheduled. So on the off days they wouldn't be reading their book or doing any of the DITHOR activities. The other way I've heard of some doing it is stretch the reading out so it covers the entire time. I guess DITHOR at 3 days a week would take 5 weeks for the reading portion and then the 6th/7th week would be the project. So if you are scheduling it this way, you would schedule the book to be read over 5 weeks or 25 days if you are reading 5 days each week. Then only do the actual workbook, DITHOR on 3 days each week. This schedule can be very good especially if you need to slow down the reading portion for your dc and give them smaller chunks to read each day. I think the first way of just doing the reading and the DITHOR activities 3 days each week is done more commonly and what is intended when it is scheduled 3 days a week in the later guides.

I hope that helps a little and hopefully this will bump up the post so others who have actually done it 3 days a week can chime in. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1