Test Results Praise!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
basesloaded

Test Results Praise!

Post by basesloaded » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:16 am

This has been a difficult school year for us. We live in an old home and at Christmas we noticed our Living Room Floor was bouncy and sloping where it had not been before. In January, we discovered that about 800 square feet of our 1200 square foot home had rotten floor joists and we had to replace it all. We had to move out for a bout 2 months in Feb and when we moved back in we only were in 3 rooms and slowly finished the rest as we could get it done. We have had a tremendous amount of help in so many ways and after 7 months, we "moved" back into our kitchen last week :D . Needless to say this made school work challenging and some days we had to just get the "meat and potatoes" done and leave the rest. Many days we could do very little at all. I was worried about test scores but just decided to take it in stride and "trust, rest & rejoice in the Lord". The older boys (6th & 8th) scored there best yet :o and my youngest (K) accepted Jesus into his heart a few weeks later :D ! What more could I ask for? I certainly don't want to repeat this year but I am so thankful for the impact HOD has had on my family and the way the Lord took what little we could do this year and blessed it beyond what we could have ever done ourselves!
Suzy in Eastern NC
Momma of boys 11th grade, 9th & 4th
HS World History, HS Geo & Preparing

glperky

Re: Test Results Praise!

Post by glperky » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:42 am

What an encouraging story! And I am thankful I will get to meet your youngest in Heaven someday! That is soooooo exciting!
Married to my best friend since Oct. 1989
DS 25
DS 20
DS 12
DS 10
And one - waiting in Heaven

I am way outnumbered and loving it!

lissiejo

Post by lissiejo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:59 am

Love the testimony of God's faithfulness!
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:29 am

Suzy - this is such a testament of what faith in the Lord and walking with Him each day can do in a person's life! I always tell the boys that just because we are Christian, that does not mean we will not have struggles or trials come our way. However, the difference is we have Jesus walking with us or carrying us through those trials. How pleased the Lord must be to see you praising His name through the difficulties of fixing your home! As our pastor would say, "That was an atta-girl moment in the Lord's eyes"! :D I am praising the Lord with you today as you are able to be back in your home fully, as you are celebrating good test scores, and as you are worshiping the Lord for His sitting on the throne of your little one's heart! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Oh yippie! I'm so glad for you. Thanks Jesus for working so amazingly in this situation.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫