Please pray we can homeschool again ***UPDATE***post 17

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mumkins

Please pray we can homeschool again ***UPDATE***post 17

Post by Mumkins » Tue May 15, 2012 11:49 am

I am so upset that I put the kids in Christian school about two months ago. I was overwhelmed and burnt out. I just want my family back together. Please pray DH will allow me to bring them home for the fall.

Long story short, my oldest who was finally excelling at home isn't doing well at school. My oldest son is being bullied and my third child, who just turned 6 in Dec couldn't keep up with first grade. We brought her home. But she will go back and either struggle in 2nd or have the stigma of 'failing' first. I wrote a long post on my blog if you'd like to read it. http://aheartturnedtohome.blogspot.ca/2 ... k.html?m=1

I want to homeschool again with HOD!
Last edited by Mumkins on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

8arrows

Re: Please pray we can homeschool again

Post by 8arrows » Tue May 15, 2012 12:39 pm

I wondered why you hadn't been posting. My heart broke as I read your post. It will be OK. God is able to fix anything, even our mistakes. Maybe you never would have known all the benefits of homeschooling if you had not sent them. Maybe you never would have cherished your time with them quite as much. Maybe you will be able to counsel others. I will pray for you. Your heart is clearly in the right place, and our God is powerful! Rest in his strength and promises.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

tiffanieh

Post by tiffanieh » Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 pm

I understand what you are saying all too well. We too fell into the trap that life/school was "better" elsewhere. Kids have been at private christian school since January. They are both doing academically A-OK, but we've all missed schooling at home. Thus, we are returning in the fall!!!! Sooooo excited! Is your hubby not on board? Luckily mine still is, he just wants a sane wife. I have to be very careful not to complain too much. Our DHs want to "fix" things and although he thinks homeschooling is best, if his wife is acting miserable, then everyone is miserable!
Tiffanie
http://www.thehagefamily.blogspot.com
Enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, 1/2 of BHFHG and now doing PHFHG
Mommy to Ethan (10) and Ashton (9)

aprilmd

Post by aprilmd » Tue May 15, 2012 1:11 pm

8arrows wrote: It will be OK. God is able to fix anything, even our mistakes. Maybe you never would have known all the benefits of homeschooling if you had not sent them. Maybe you never would have cherished your time with them quite as much. Maybe you will be able to counsel others. I will pray for you. Your heart is clearly in the right place, and our God is powerful! Rest in his strength and promises.
I love what 8arrows wrote. We are praying for your family!
April - BHFHG, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WG & now WORLD HIST
2014-2015
DD 16- World Hist, Chemistry, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 15- World Hist, Bio, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 13- MTMM/ext, finish R&S Eng. 6, Saxon Alg 1

creativemommy

Post by creativemommy » Tue May 15, 2012 1:23 pm

I just read your post and my heart hurts for you, too. :( I also had similar thoughts like the pp. Now that you have seen/been on both sides you know exactly what is right for your family!

I'm sure we can all relate to the messy house, or the feelings/thoughts the evil one sends our way to discourage us. Don't give in to his schemes. We serve an amazing God who will give us exactly what we need for each day.

I'm praying God works out the details for you & your kiddos for the fall. :)
~Beth
Used & Loved LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, & Bigger

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Tue May 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Praying!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Tue May 15, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm praying for you too! I can just sense the longing in your heart for your children. Remember with God, ALL things are possible!

In Christ,
Miranda
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 pm

I read your blog post and I'm sorry for what you're going through. :(
This may not make you feel any better, but your post was sort of an encouragement to me. I think about putting dd5 into school all the time. I even threaten it (I know, worst mom ever). I just think we'd be better off away from each other, then I think about getting my fun job again and enjoying my time...it's very tempting. Anyway, reading your blog post was like a cold dose of reality. It isn't all better there. Problems at home do not magically go away when the kids are gone all day. I may have to go re-read what you write on a daily basis.

Praying for godly wisdom for you and your husband, and that you will all be where you are meant to be soon.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue May 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Praying for you right now...
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Wed May 16, 2012 3:33 am

Praying that God will work things out for you.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri May 18, 2012 12:25 pm

Mumkins - I am praying for you! Sometimes the Lord has His greatest plans for us in our most discouraging hours. He is not surprised by this, and He will be by your side through it all. May He be your strength, and may He provide direction and wisdom in this decision. May He unify you and your dh in His plan for your dc. Keep praying, keep working through things with dh and dc - God does have a plan, and it is a good one.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Thu May 31, 2012 6:50 pm

Thank you everyone! I do hope we can homeschool again soon. I hope to bring at least my 8yo home this year, with the rest next. He continues to have trouble. Kids are telling him they don't like him and don't want him at their school. My 6yo goes for her assessment on Tuesday to determine which grade they think she should attend. Depending on what they say, we may keep her home. I'd be happy if I had the middle two home this year and bring back the other two the following even. DH did tell DD1 she's coming home for at least high school. So, perhaps it will be sooner as she's 6th grade this year. My heart is still so heavy most days.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Mumkins wrote:I am so upset that I put the kids in Christian school about two months ago. I was overwhelmed and burnt out. I just want my family back together. Please pray DH will allow me to bring them home for the fall.
Long story short, my oldest who was finally excelling at home isn't doing well at school. My oldest son is being bullied and my third child, who just turned 6 in Dec couldn't keep up with first grade. We brought her home. But she will go back and either struggle in 2nd or have the stigma of 'failing' first.
I want to homeschool again with HOD!
From what you have said, I would really encourage you to just bring them all home.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

gerka528

Post by gerka528 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:56 am

What a tough spot :( Prayers for your family.
DD 8
DD 7
DD 5
DS 4

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:44 am

Continued prayers for your situation.
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/