science w/ Preparing

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LivinNandByHim

science w/ Preparing

Post by LivinNandByHim » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Is it ok to ask??... I am considering using an Apologia science in conjunction with Preparing science (because my son wants more science). Is there a recommendation for either something that fits well with the content of Preparing or customary at the 6th grade level?

my3sons

Re: science w/ Preparing

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 am

You could easily add an Apologia science text on your free fifth day if desired. You may wish not to use the Apologia texts used in HOD's future guides (Astronomy, Zoology 3 Land Animals). :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Joyfulmomma

Re: science w/ Preparing

Post by Joyfulmomma » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:57 pm

My dd will be using Preparing for 6th grade this year too. We bought her the Thames and Kosmos Elements of Science experiment kit. She will notebook/journal her experiments on Fridays. It comes with everything you need to complete 100 experiments. The guidebook gives simple step by step directions that are easy enough for her to follow without my help. I do want to add that I think the science in Preparing is "enough" as it is written. My daughter just loves to do science experiments and really wanted this lab kit. HTH
Joyful Blessings,
Pam
Joyfully Serving, Pam
Abundantly blessed momma to six joys