Awaiting box day! Placed order!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mamatothree

Awaiting box day! Placed order!

Post by mamatothree » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:47 pm

:D :lol: I placed our order today!! :lol:
Both the kids and I are very excited for our new "school" to arrive. I have been looking at HOD for nearly 6 months and have read just about every review and post I could find about HOD. I was very pleased to see so many positive reviews about HOD and honestly it was some of those reviews that helped push me to go ahead and order.

My youngest (4yrs) has been working slowly through Little Hands to Heaven and we have been enjoying it very much. We will be starting Beyond with my 8 year old son and Creation to Christ with my 11 year old daughter as soon as our books come. :lol:

I am very excited to have everything laid out and scheduled for me. This last year has been a bit rough and trying to keep up with scheduling school has been much harder than I would like. Looking ahead knowing that everything's scheduled for me is a great weight off my shoulders. :D

Looking forward to enjoyable homeschooling again.
Wife to hubby 13 years
Mama to:
Lady Bug 10 yrs CTC
Wild Thing 7 yrs BLHTH
Little Man 4 yrs LHTH

Our blog- http://learningthethreersathome.blogspot.com/

RachelB

Re: Awaiting box day! Placed order!

Post by RachelB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:27 pm

How exciting! You are in for a treat - we are working through CtC and Beyond now, and love them both! Enjoy! :)
Rachel

mommy to
Kailee - 12
Gracie - 8
Kaden - 7
Mollie - 3
Brynlee - 5 months

2 ^^ in heaven
happily married to Brian for 12 years

2014- 2015 - Using RevtoRev, Preparing, Beyond & maybe LHTH!

kristensmom

Post by kristensmom » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi!

I place my order on Tuesday! Isn't it so hard waiting? I cannot wait to get started, I had been checking out HOD for awhile now and after a really tough beginning to our school year, I finally decided it was time to start fresh. My daughter will be 9 in June and will be doing Bigger when the books get here next week.

I wish you luck with your new books!

Colleen
Single mom and Newbie to HOD!
Mother to Kristen 8 (Bigger Hearts)

abundantmom

Post by abundantmom » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:26 pm

We are doing Beyond & CTC also! Just waiting on the last book from CTC that was back ordered (The Story of the Ancient World). It should be here any day and we are so excited!!! :D

Hope you have as much fun as I know we will!
Completed LHTH & LHFHG
Currently enjoying BLHFHG & CTC

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:11 pm

Oh, ladies! I am very excited for you to receive your books and for you to share the HOD journey with us! :D Thanks so much for encouraging me with your enthusiasm. It spurs me onward during this very busy season. :D

At our house, we are close to finishing Rev2Rev with my third son, have just finished Bigger with my second son (and are already started on Preparing), and are going half-speed through LHFHG with my fourth little guy. :D We also have my oldest son piloting many things we are pondering for high school, as he is a sophomore this year. We are enjoying our HOD journey and pray that you will too! :D

Blesisngs,
Carrie

mamatothree

Post by mamatothree » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:44 am

:D It is great to hear how so many are enjoying the same guides that we will begin soon! Our box is scheduled to be here today! It feels like Christmas. :lol:

Carrie, thank you so much for devoting so much of yourself, and family, to writing these wonderful guides. I am excited to soon be a HOD schooling family. :D
Wife to hubby 13 years
Mama to:
Lady Bug 10 yrs CTC
Wild Thing 7 yrs BLHTH
Little Man 4 yrs LHTH

Our blog- http://learningthethreersathome.blogspot.com/

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:35 pm

HOORAY FOR BOX DAY! :D :D :D Have fun looking through all of your things and especially settling in with a good cup of coffee (or whatever strikes your fancy), and enjoying seeing the beautiful layout and balance of the guides! I love all of the books, but it is the guide that makes me feel like I can leap tall buildings in a single bound. :wink:

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie