Canadian HOD users; any plan of action yet?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Rachel

Canadian HOD users; any plan of action yet?

Post by Rachel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:30 pm

I've seen a lot of good posts about how to use HOD and also teach our kids about their country (Canada). What I'm curious about is whether those of you who were discussing getting together on this and coming up with a "plan of study" have made any progress in that area? I would love to know what you've come up with, if so! :D I have been using some Northwoods Press books this year, and may buy more for using on the mission field in the future; I also own one of the Story of Canada books as well as the DIckie (?) book on Canadian history; also some of the Kids Can Press books like Canadian Explorers. And I have some free provincial study books for the future. I'm just wondering how and when I'm going to implement this (on day 5 of Preparing?, along with Bigger too?). I don't want to overload the kids, but at some point they'll need that Canadian part of their studies. So, if you have any sample schedules, when to use which books, etc., I'd love to hear about it! :D
Rachel
married to dh since 1998
ds 12, RTR
dd 9, Preparing