Back to PREPARING after a hiatus..

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
moedertje

Back to PREPARING after a hiatus..

Post by moedertje » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:09 pm

We had to take a break from Preparing as we had too many starts and stops with fall vacation, different house guests, Daddy's surgery (kept him home from the office), holidays and a ski vacation. This caused us to have long frustrating days not being able to get into a good groove of things.
So, today was our first day back after a few months and ds did phenomenal. It was very encouraging to me today as I was just a bit nervous for both of us. I asked dh and my two dear friends, also fellow HOD Mom's to keep me in prayer and the Lord Most High was gracious to us, as I was also starting a new guide with my other ds and continuing with LHTH with dd :D :D
All in all these are some points that helped our first day go well.
1. Dh and I prayed last night and this am for Gods grace to be with me. :idea:
2. Daddy was not home, he realized that his wonderful presence has us all in a mode of relaxation :lol:
3. I realized while we had our hiatus, that ds did great with his assignments written on the white board, so he can erase them as he goes down the list! :!: :wink:
4. Asked my tow dear friends how they schedule their day with Preparing and to keep me in prayer..
5. I let ds take charge of the manual, not caring if it gets stained, dropped, ruined etc. :cry: (Carrie has more and ships fast) :lol:
6. I planned to be available as long :oops: as he needed me for any and all his subjects, with a loving attitude. :D
I was done with all the kiddo's before lunch and ds was all done with everything before lunch! :shock: He was so excited to be done early and I was so blessed, I know not every day will be perfect or we have no opportunity to grow in the Lord and be humble etc., but for me a perfect first day speaks loudly, so I give all praise to the Lord.... :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

aspenskies

Re: Back to PREPARING after a hiatus..

Post by aspenskies » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Sounds like you all had a wonderful day. Glad to hear that things went smoothly for you.

We made an out-of-state move in Oct and have spent most of these four months off; except reading, math, and some grammar. HOD is new to us, our box shipped this afternoon actually. :D I am hoping for a smooth beginning also. I am sure it will take us awhile to get back into the habit and have things running smoothly.
Jean, loving homeschool mom to one and proud daycare provider
DS (13): Creation to Christ w/extension, DITHOR 6/7/8, TT7, R&S 5, ...
daycare bunch: Preschool Prep, plus more
http://dahomeschool.blogspot.com/

annaz

Post by annaz » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:52 pm

You sound refreshed! Isn't it amazing how taking time off has us coming back with a different mindset.

A wonderful first day back is helpful too! I hope that type of day continues to be the norm. :D
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:23 pm

YEAH for your successful day!!!
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Sooo glad your day was a great start! Praising the Lord with you!
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:21 pm

What a wonderful way to start back up with Preparing. The Lord is always there to answer us when we call upon His name. :D I'm so glad that you are underway again. We pray you will have a blessed journey through Preparing. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Hooray for a good first day back, and a great start to PHFHG! :D
moedertje wrote:...
All in all these are some points that helped our first day go well.
1. Dh and I prayed last night and this am for Gods grace to be with me. :idea:
2. Daddy was not home, he realized that his wonderful presence has us all in a mode of relaxation :lol:
3. I realized while we had our hiatus, that ds did great with his assignments written on the white board, so he can erase them as he goes down the list! :!: :wink:
4. Asked my tow dear friends how they schedule their day with Preparing and to keep me in prayer..
5. I let ds take charge of the manual, not caring if it gets stained, dropped, ruined etc. :cry: (Carrie has more and ships fast) :lol:
6. I planned to be available as long :oops: as he needed me for any and all his subjects, with a loving attitude. :D
I love your list, moedertje! :D Praying first - there cannot be a better start than that! Daddy not there to distract - true for our home too - he's way too much fun. :wink: White board - love that idea too. Gathering ideas from others using the same guide - smart gal. Loving attitude, being available to help - all that goes a long way to help dc feel confident and partnered with, while still stepping out and gaining some independence along the way. I'm not surprised you had a great day! Many times, our first day is a reflection of how prepared WE are. You were ready - way to go! :D Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your happy start back! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie