Artwork storage in Bigger?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
TammyTE

Artwork storage in Bigger?

Post by TammyTE » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Do you put any artwork that is on a regular size piece of paper in their notebook binder? If not, what do you do with it?
~Tammy - Wife to One and Mama to Five

moedertje

Re: Artwork storage in Bigger?

Post by moedertje » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:23 pm

I used a Miller Picture Storybook to store my art from LHTH up to Bigger. Now in Preparing, I only store the ones that fit into the 3 ring binder that I have for History!
Success :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

vjj4

Post by vjj4 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:27 pm

I have a tab in our three ring binder labeled "Art" and one labeled "Poetry", in addition to all the others and I just file everything in one place.
Helpmeet to my husband for almost 22 years
DD 27 - Private school through gr 2, then homeschooled SOS, now a single mom
DS 17 - Always homeschooled - Beyond/Bigger/Preparing & SOS

GS Almost 4 - About to begin HOD

Deut. 11:19
Is. 40:11

Daph

Post by Daph » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:00 am

I took a cue from one of the other ladies on here and bought two spiral-bound Artist Sketchbooks from Miller Pad and Paper. It's really thick paper, so paint will do well in it. I'm thrilled about not having papers scattered all over my house! I've also heard of getting page protectors and putting them in notebooks for artwork.
Dd 9 - Bigger Hearts.
Dd 5 - Kindergarten with various things.
Happily married to a graduated homeschooler who is intelligent and socialized. ;)

HollyS

Post by HollyS » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 am

For Beyond, we've put all of their regular sized projects in the binder and the larger/smaller ones in the pockets of the binder. A couple didn't fit and they are currently sitting on top of my bookcase. :lol: I plan on taking pictures of them and just keeping the pictures (which is what we've done with the 3D projects).
Holly, mom to 4
DD 10 and DS 7 -- Bigger
DD 5 -- LHTH
DD 2

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:49 am

This year we're using...IDK what they're called...portfolio maybe? It's plastic, you open it and it's got lots of pockets. That's for anything that wont sit well in the binder or they make that's not school related. We've also used plastic zippered pouches that are a couple inches each way bigger than legal size paper.
7 awesome kids!

3 graduated
4 at home this fall
DD6 Beyond
DS10 Preparing
DS13 MTMM
DS16 online high school

TammyTE

Post by TammyTE » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks everyone!

I actually have one of those pocket/portfolio deals that currently has no use. Maybe that will work!
~Tammy - Wife to One and Mama to Five

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:23 pm

I actually just have a section in her binder labled "history" and all of the notebooking pages as well as the art goes in there. There are also some history activities that you're supposed to do on the whiteboard and we do those on paper and put those in the history section as well.
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG