Looking ahead to 5th day in Preparing

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
christyg

Looking ahead to 5th day in Preparing

Post by christyg » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi! Well, we are in our 6th week of Bigger and Little Hearts and are LOVING it! We have had such a smooth start to our school year! Thank you HOD!!!! :D

I am now looking ahead a little to next year for what to use on our 5th day in Preparing. I would like to do a one day a week lesson in typing/computer, foreign language (probably French), and home economics. Also, I have decided that I am going to let my daughter pick something that she wants to learn about as well each week. Maybe a new topic every few weeks or so. So that would give us 4 things for that day, plus her piano lesson she is already starting for music. I am looking for short, meaningful lessons because I don't want our day to go longer than it would on a regular day in Preparing. :wink:

So, my question is..... what do you use for these subjects?

Thanks so much for any info you can give me! :wink: Hope that you have a blessed day!

Christy :D