Newbie- Can u use guide as planner?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
TNT

Newbie- Can u use guide as planner?

Post by TNT » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:01 pm

My hs covering requires we keep a planner- that shows briefly what we worked each day. I wondered if other moms just used the guide as the planner? Did you just write the date on the guide and make notes as needed?

Thanks!

stawnasalas

Re: Newbie- Can u use guide as planner?

Post by stawnasalas » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:35 pm

That's what I am doing!
Stawna
Ds 12
Dd 9
Ds 7
Ds 5
Ds 2
Ds born Jan. 17, 2014

netpea

Post by netpea » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:01 pm

TNT wrote: Did you just write the date on the guide and make notes as needed?
We have no requirement, but this is what I do. That way if I am ever questioned, I can show exactly what we do.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:10 pm

I think that's a great idea if you don't mind marking in the guides. Though we aren't required to keep track or submit anything, I've also occasionally written some "extras" we've done at the bottom of the page, like what we observed during nature study. :D

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:16 pm

I am thinking there is a thread where Carrie explained how people are doing that. One thing to keep in mind in case you are going to reuse the guide I might keep it in one place where it might not relate to the next child and leave a space in an other place where you can repeat the process again. If I had to be accountable in that detail I would definitely use the Guide. :D As it is it just keeps me accountable to myself. :lol:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

KTLM6

Post by KTLM6 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:33 pm

I use it as a planner too. If there is anything I want to add, like the specific math lesson we are on or extra reading, I add a post-it note to the page with the information on it. I also write down the DITHOR lesson we are on and the chapter I want my dd to read on post-its. Later, the post-its can be removed for the next child to use the guide without a lot of extra markings.
Cathy

Is using CTC and is enjoying LHTH

http://homemissionfield.blogspot.com/

dep2125

Post by dep2125 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:38 pm

I have wondered about this too. I really don't like writing in the TM (especially when using it with more than one child), but I want to keep good records. I think I saw some grid sheets in the yahoo group files that someone made. My kids like having something to check off, so I might try putting their assignments on a sheet like those I saw. I don't really like the extra time that will take though, so I am not sure how we will do it.
DS 11 this month!
DD 9
DD 6.5
DS 4.5
DS 2.5
DS 9 months

Kims

Post by Kims » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:13 am

I have this simple record sheet I made that I could send you to look at if you would like. I don't write everything from the guide in there just what day we did and then workbook pages we did.
Kim S
Jamie 22, Sloane 19, Savannah 18, Collin 9, and Judah 7
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein