To bring them home from ps or not...?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tree House Academy

Re: To bring them home from ps or not...?

Post by Tree House Academy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 pm

I have been there...down to the issues with mental health (mine is OCD/hypochondria/depression). Of course, I can't tell you what will or will not be right for your family, but I am offering lots of prayers as you make this decision. HOD has not only ministered to my children's hearts, but also to MY heart. I can feel myself growing in faith and in my OWN walk with the Lord while teaching my children with HOD. The transformation in our home has been amazing and I look forward to each day we spend together. Bible and history are the first things we do each day because starting the day in God's Word is the best way to start!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Sue,
I just wanted to come today and tell you that I'm still praying for you. You've been on my mind and heart a lot. We seriously need a group hug smilie on this board. :D

Also I'm new to HOD, and I have been reading through the Beyond manual and I keep telling dh I am just so amazed at how much Bible and character is in HOD and it's just every single day!!!! I have been convicted by the Holy Spirit reading it. It's just that good. I can see where HOD will just draw us all closer as it's centered in God's Word.

Again, praying for you.
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:53 am

Sue - I've prayed for you again as well. I'm sorry to just be getting back to you, but I was gone at conventions. It sounds like you have things mostly figured out with LHFHG and PHFHG, and now it's just your oldest. So, I was wondering if it made a difference knowing HOD is writing American history next? I think that by stagger starting your kiddos, teaching the oldest to be quite independent (which the older HOD guides are designed to be already), and training your PHFHG dc to use the manual, you'd be just fine - with continued prayer and dependance on the Lord - which we all need so desperately! :D I'd love to hear back from you and help you out here.

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Sue G in PA

Post by Sue G in PA » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Julie and everyone, thank you for continued prayers! My heart is just soaring about our plans for nexg year! I really feel in my spirit that HOD is the answer to my prayers. We will be doing LHFHG with dd5 and ds7 and Preparing with ds9, ds10 and ds12. I don't quite know where to go after that for ds12. SKip CTC and RTR and go to the new Exp-1850 guide for 8th? I just don't know right now and that's okay! I would love for him to use ALL the guides after Preparing, but I doubt I could use the new guides (Exp-1850 and 1850-Mod.) for his 10th and 11th grade year? Wouldn't they be a bit easy for him? And the geography course...for a 12th grader? Yikes. I think at age 18 he would be much, much too old for that. Oh well...we shall see! At least I have next year figured out!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:13 pm

Hooray, Sue! :D I love this plan! I think you will find doing 2 HOD guides to be quite manageable, and it will be neat to blend in the 12 yo with your other dc. Don't worry about the future - it is in God's hands. I have to tell myself this all of the time! But, next year, we'll all help each other figure out the answer to the "What next?" questions. This year, you've got it figured out. So, we're celebrating that!!! :) :) :) Thanks for posting your decision, as that helps me know how better to pray. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie