Goal Setting For The New School Year!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
shera

Post by shera » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:28 pm

So sorry to hear about your high blood pressure. HBP is genetic as well as affected by weight, although that is not a case for me. Last Nov I was diagnosed with HBP. It explained my constant migraine for 6 months. I was 180/100, stroke level. Basically the dr that found it told me to immediately go to my general practitioner. They put me on a list for the first available appt. I got on meds in Dec. By Feb I was able to cut them in half and I think I currently need to reduce it again. Don't be afraid of going on them if that is what your dr suggests. Oh and excercise helps as well. I personally think my HBP was caused by hormones but the dr won't believe me.UGH!

Sarah
Sarah
ds 11/01
dd8/04

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:07 pm

Jessi, I LOVE the napking folding technique! We are so much Better..., "Together"!

Sarah, Thank you for sharing your blood pressure history with me. That really does help.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:20 pm

You are most welcome! :D
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:21 pm

Oh Mary!

You're girl weekend looks like such a breath of fresh air! :D I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time.

I'm so sorry that your doctor's appointment turned out to be high blood pressure. I just wanted to share that I also have had high blood pressure ever since the birth of my third son almost 6 years ago. It was very high the last 2 months of my pregnancy (like Shera's) and never did return to normal. I had to go on medication for it too. It took 3 years for it to return to an almost normal level, over which time we adjusted my medicine several times. :wink:

By that time I was pregnant with our third son and was able to be off of blood pressure medication through much of the pregnancy. By the last chunk of my pregnancy though, my pressure was through the roof. I was hospitalized for weeks 30-35 for it and delived the baby early at 35 weeks to get the pressure under control. It never did come down after his birth, so I remain on medication to this day.

But, I am thankful that it works to bring my pressure down, I feel SO MUCH better, and I am not having heart palpitations, headaches, and pain in my legs anymore. I want to encourage you that you can live a normal life on blood pressure medication and that there are many different kinds that have no day-to-day side effects. As we age, there are just things that our bodies have to fight as they are wearing down. I'm just thankful that mine can be easily controlled! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie
Last edited by Carrie on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Carrie wrote:I want to encourage you that you can live a normal life on blood pressure medication and that there are many different kinds that have no day-to-day side effects. As we age, there are just thinks that our bodies have to fight as they are wearing down. I'm just thankful that mine can be easily controlled! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie
This is exactly what I needed to hear! Thank YOU :P
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/